Is this a good case design?

S5114

http://img821.imageshack.us/i/designtm.jpg/ Terrible photoshop, hehe sorry :sweat: . So I was thinking of putting shoulders on the back, and those silvery buttons for start and... something else, I didn't photoshop in the screen to show the hole I will use for the fan. the case is from a portable chess game. Yeah and my handwriting is really that bad.

All that really matters is that you like it. It also should be pretty comfortable, and I also recommend that you use better buttons that don't suck OMFGCAPS's balls. ShockSlayer used 'em, but that was back when people were still pioneering the magic called... portable-i-zation...

Radioshack buttons suck for gaming IMO. Of course it's personal preference, but I would use something else. Using stock buttons in drilled holes with a squishy tact board underneath is a popular technique these days. You could frankencase pieces of the stock controller in, too, and use the stock button board.

haha, maybe, I'm gonna go to a flea market to look for a portable dvd player, or an n64 (fat chance) or even a noac. I know that the buttons are bad, I was just using them cuz that's all I had around. (plus I love clicking them)
XCVG said:
You could frankencase pieces of the stock controller in, too, and use the stock button board.
Oh, you mean like controller flank like substances?

I guess that would also fall under frankencasing, but that's not what I meant. Cut out part of the N64 controller button area. Cut a hole in your case. Attach with epoxy putty, liquid ABS, or some sort of glue. Then Bondo and sand the Heck out of it.

XCVG said:
I guess that would also fall under frankencasing, but that's not what I meant. Cut out part of the N64 controller button area. Cut a hole in your case. Attach with epoxy putty, liquid ABS, or some sort of glue. Then Bondo and sand the Heck out of it.
Oh yeah, now I see what you mean. So, why are radioshack switches bad?

Because they stick up way too high. The feel isn't too bad, but they are too high, and look terrible. Also, they're pretty deep, which may or may not be a problem for you.

Back