Internal Controller Buttons

PSIDuck

Whats better and whats easier? Rubber tact switches or the original buttons? Are there any differences in how they feel?

PSIDuck said:
Whats better and whats easier? Rubber tact switches or the original buttons? Are there any differences in how they feel?
I think it depends on the circumstance. If you frankencased the original controller in, I think it is easier to use the original circuit board. If you drilled the holes, rubber tact switches are pretty easy to incorporate. They both feel pretty similar to me

If you use rubber tact switches, try to feel each one before putting it in permanently. I've found that some are really tough and some are really soft. They seem to have quite a range for some reason.

Blargaman91 said:
If you use rubber tact switches, try to feel each one before putting it in permanently. I've found that some are really tough and some are really soft. They seem to have quite a range for some reason.

Like he said. Never rush things.

Also, Blargaman91

Where are the pictures you promised me? :D?

I wanted to use rubber tact switches, because it is very hard for me to solder on the controller board and the cables always get loose. But unfortunatly i cant find rubber tact switches. the one from alps cost 33 euro for shipping to germany and i didnt find some elsewhere. because of that ill try again to do it with the controller board

WatsuG said:
Do you scrape off the masking over the trace on the controller board and solder to that?

yea. or at least i tried to. the wires always got loose. ill try it again, if it wont work im gonna buy these, thanks for the link

I read this as "Inertial controller buttons" and got excited/curious of something new. Then was kind of disappointed.

Back