- INTERESTING UPDATES (4-4-10)- My Tower of Power. 56k gtfo

Re: My Tower of Power. 56k gtfo

SS, just live in this, SCREW YOUR house. You could have everything you need, with a little cable and internet sapping from your house.

This is so many kinds of awesome. I could probably build one in my backyard, but the neighborhood association would stone me for building it. :rolleyes:

UPDATES:

Insulated the roof. You can also see the plug for the lights I will be getting sometime and the vent up in da corner.
IMG_1154.jpg

Insulated the walls. The styrofoam(not what you're thinking of, this stuff is like 9x thicker and more durable) has not been glued on yet, just cut to fit.
IMG_1157.jpg

I have an outlet in the corner. GO ME!
IMG_1158.jpg

The switch for the lights. Power bunnyhops off of the below outlet. The cover isn't on it nor is the styrofoam on the wall because here soon we will be installing the air conditioning, and that's the wall it's gonna go on.
IMG_1162.jpg

This 2nd outlet is below the switch. The wires are exposed because I haven't covered them yet.
IMG_1164.jpg

The styrofoam that goes where the air conditioner will be. It has yet to be cut to fit the air conditioner, which is why it's off.
IMG_1166.jpg

The hatch is open, leading to the floor below.
IMG_1167.jpg

The hatch is closed, sealing off the 2nd floor. It will be carpeted too, when we carpet this thing.
IMG_1168.jpg

I like the hinges, they hinge the hatch so I don't lose it, and so it's less work to move around.
IMG_1169.jpg

The handle. So I can open it. There is nothing worse than being trapped in a room alone in the dark with no friends.
IMG_1172.jpg

Moar awesome hingey-ness pictures. You can sorta see the 4x4 and 2x4 supports for the hatch, so I'm not gonna fall because it slips off. Also, you can see how thick the hatch itself is.
IMG_1173-1.jpg

I have yet to build in the ladder, something on the list to do. We have the parts necessary, I will probably do that the same day I install the air conditioner.
IMG_1175-1.jpg

(also, the money palmer sent me was all used up after all the wood was bought, so he didn't pay for the insulation, electrical parts, or anything else from this point on, my :awesome: dad did!)

SS

Re: -UPDATES- My Tower of Power. 56k gtfo

I WANT A SECRET BASE LIKE THAT! :ninj: :cool:

You should put a small railing around where trapdoor opens so if you have stuff on the floor it won't be under the door and be crushed when you open it up.

:awesome:

Also, is the bottom floor going to be insulated and heated/air conditioned too?

Dang that's tall, You look like you're about 5 1/2ft - 6ft tall, that thing is at least a little more than twice your height, so..... How tall is it? IT's.... Over 9000 ft tall :eek: !!!! JK, It's pretty Dang tall though.

I'll just not put stuff there so I won't crush anything. :dah:

Bottom floor may be insulated over time, when I get moar moneys, but for now I'll just install what's left over. Every little bit counts! :p It keeps heat and cool fine, just as long as there is a heater/AC running. And If I get cold, go up a level. :ssawesome:

I am 6ft and a couple cm, so yeah, it's pretty Dang tall, hence "Tower of Power." I'll measure it next time I'm up on the roof.

SS

SS! now you need a basement! i do basement building commisions! just fly me out and put me up and let me use a portable and its free! :awesome:!

seriously, though. dig a basement. its not that hard to do so it doesnt cave in, if you have enough wood! plus, when the bombs fall, you can be safe! cops looking for you? sit in the basement!:awesome:

this is full of win!

Back