I'm seriously considering getting an Oculus Development Kit.

SonyQrio

Frequent Poster
With the Vireio Perception driver offering support for Portal 2, I'm psyched. Who has purchased one, and what are your thoughts?

Re: I'm seriously considering getting an Oculus Development

I'm pretty sure Valve will be adding support to most of their games on their own already.

Yeah, Gaben loves the Rift.

Wonder if Palmer will be making the Modretro special edition with a red headband :awesome:

I was supposed to have backed the kickstarter, but didn't have the funds when it ended. I will have one ordered by at least the end of next month though. Already have started development of a game that I hope can get full integration with.

Valve said that they have already experimented with the VR headset, and said that some games simply don't work well with VR, and that a game would have to be designed with VR in mind to play well. That being said, there is that HL2 mod for it, and I imagine not every game couldn't be moved over to it.

I'd expect most games will just have mouse emulation for the trackers at first, until the trackers can be properly integrated.

I'm 95% sure I will be purchasing a Development Kit.

I have some plans to hack Wii/GC games to work with the Rift. Palmer let me try out a Rift at Oculus HQ last month and I was sold on it. I'm also hoping to score an official interview for Oculus in the next few weeks (I've had a couple....unofficial interviews :p )

Plus the kits they are shipping will be using a 7" LCD screen with reduced motion blur. So that's cool.

Back