I'm looking for someone with a 3d scanner

I'm looking for someone with a 3d scanner to scan a viper case for me. Also scan a trimmed wii drive, Wii mobo, and a few various other parts. Let me know if your interested. Thx

What were you looking for in your scan? I don't have a scanner, but I have a caliper and 3D modeling software.

Basically yes to creating a viper case for 3d print, only I need to modify it in a 3d modeling program. Also I need the bottom of a Wii case scanned so I don't have to do all the measuring for the screw bosses, and the GameCube bottom case, so I can edit out all the wasted space that is the ports.

The other stuff is mostly for visual reference in 3d space.

I want to modify the viper case to accept a trimmed down Wii drive. Top side, the drive opening will change to not leave space around the drive table. I'll custom design a plate to mount underneath the Wii drive and hold the anti-vibe rubbers. On the bottom of viper case, screw bosses will be added for mounting of the adapter plate.

An alternate version could just be a two part adapter, in which you cut a little on the viper case and epoxy the first part to, then the rest just fits up to that. I'd rather 3d print, then smooth with epoxy, make a mold, then make about twenty of them, and give them away at cost. Most of the work I can do, a little I need help with.( 3d scan pls)

I know, most would ask why go through the trouble to do all this. Because I can, and I want it. The end. I'm doing this.

I doubt there is much interest in a top loading Wii drive in a GameCube case but long story short, this is what half of this is. The other half is simply a more professional case for my all in one Nintendo player.

I'm still toying around with the name but I was thinking of calling it nintend-omega.

I,ve been looking into the possibility of making a version with a Wii u mobo. It seems like its possible but I need to get the guts to spend some money on a Wii u, just to tear it open. If any of this is useful to others, or if anyone has questions feel free to ask.

Edit:

I just thought I'd add that using this drive like this opens up space inside the GameCube. The game cubes drive is notoriously thick, where as the Wii drive is built to be compact, then modding it makes it even thinner.

Again, it may just be making useless space, or it could be a much better mod vs using a viper case for using full sized discs.

Back