I'm entering the race: SonyQrios µGC Worklog

Red doesn't bother me for some reason, but since they're so big you could do somthing nice and have it smaller, i don't know maybe start button on your tall tacts, or wii A button, sanded out to be blurry.. Very nice work however

I'm sorry that I haven't finished this yet. I've been busy with other things that are of greater importance.

What I plan on doing is painting the center ring black. Then red wouldn't be so bad for shoulder buttons. I have black long tacts, obviously.

Help?

If you have to use those, then I recommend at least getting them in black. They have them at radioshack.

There's also these which I've used in a project before, if you don't mind the clicking, they're just big tact switches.

Worked hard today. Fruits of my labor:

5oZWb.jpg

VIzhG.jpg

Everything is getting mounted in the case. Board is glued in and the faceplate is nearly done.

Delicious progress is delicious.

Everything looks great! Also, did you think of a solution for triggers yet? I'm just doing the two tacts on top of each other, but I'm not sure you'll have room, depending on how you mount them. Just please don't use the radio shack buttons. I have one for my Z button and you need to press down a bit to trigger it. :confused:

or8gF.jpg

FynOz.jpg

77Wns.jpg

w7QYf.jpg

XpACC.jpg

Pretty much sums it up. The white stuff is dust. I'll be makin a few modifications before I close up the case. It's turning out better than I expected.

It's a reverse Oreo. ^_^

I was more talking about thickness, it just seemed like it was 3 or 4 inches thick from the pics :p

SonyQrio said:
Oh. It's only 1.2" thick.

Oh I see, thats only one case half. I thought there were two, my bad. That will be mighty small if you pull it off! But I'm guessing no batteries will be inside??

Back