iLuv sp100 amp: very low, unadjustable volume

naimlessone

Hey peeps,

I'm in the final stages of assembling my portable cube and am testing everything out as I install it into the case. I have the played a few laps of Double Dash, so I know that my Wasp works perfectly, and everything has been going pretty smooth except for my audio. It's a rev C board and I'm using a iLuv sp100 digital audio amp with a switchable headphone jack. I am getting sound through the headphone jack though it is very low and will not adjust up or down with the tact switches I installed. The amp is getting 4.8ish volts I jumped from the multiplayer controller port +5v supply and grounded it to the mainboard and am using a switch to turn it on, just as the stock amp has that turns on the blue LED. The amp worked perfectly before I disassembled it but rewired speakers and jack up correctly after initially being wrong. All of the tacts I used are wired up exactly as they were when I removed the original ones from the amp. I also have a dpst switch to go between an external audio jack and the iLuv audio amp that switches both right and left audio coming from the GameCube motherboard.

Would anyone who has used the iLuv amps have any idea of what could be my issue? I can post pics if need be, but I may end up tearing apart another one and rebuilding it.

Back