How to overclock your gameboy color.

Ive opened a Madcatz wireless micro Ps2 Controller and Ive discovered that it has a small crystal oscillator like the one in the pictures in one of the previous posts, but i don't know what Mhz it is. But it has writing on it that says 16.000B on it. Can any of you guys figure out what that means? :huh:

Thanks

PROBABLY 16MHz, no guarentees. I hope you aren't wrecking a perfectly good controller though.

xXPunisher24Xx said:
actually it its a good controller but I was bored and wanted to see what the inside looked like.
That crystal will work. Also, does it have tiny joysticks?

Yes the joysticks look excellent and work great and are small. They would be some great use in a portable! :wink3:

Right now im opening my official ps2 controller that doesnt work correctly anymore, but the analog sticks work great also!

N00BModdr said:
jleemero said:
16Mhz is insane speed, and about all the CGB can handle.
But, it's hard to play, and really not fun for most games.

10Mhz is much more manageable, and is actually fun to play with.
I'll go with the 10, its even 1 cent cheaper! :pervert:
Hmm...maybe I will go for 16...but its 1 cent more expensive... :crying:

xXPunisher24Xx said:
OMG 1 more cent expensive!! you have to be rich to get that! :rolls:
There are starving children in Ethiopia who would be happy to have that penny.

eurddrue said:
There are starving children in Ethiopia who would be happy to have that penny.
you have touched my heart... :crying: I am going to buy the 10mhz crystal and pay $98.64 in shipping to send the penny to Ethiopia.

xXPunisher24Xx said:
I know, I was just Playing around :whoops:

God Bless those Children and families though. :sad:
Says the dude with a skull avatar :lol:

@N00B :awesome: I lol'd

By the way themadhacker: (sort of on topic) you gave me an excellent idea of where to put the switch to turn my frontlight on and off: the infared comunicaions port! :pervert:

Alright guys, try to stay on topic a bit more.

@N00BModder: yeah, the infrared port is like the magic switch area, I've used it plenty of times.

Back