How to do finishing steps for case

Kickbut101

Okay so I was wondering if I could have some light shed on just how people finish up their mods, more specifically, when finally putting stuff in the case;
1. How do you keep boards from shorting each other out while stacking?
2. How do you secure the boards and screens and batteries?
I only ask because I've never really seen this aspect of the modding addressed in any video or tutorial

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated, on account of I just wanna get mine done so I can go on to troubleshooting it completely

Thanks for looking!

USE HOTGLUE.
TOO MUCH SPACE IN THAT CASE OF YOURS?
WELL, GUESS WHAT FILLS UP THAT SPACE?

c2C0h.png

To prevent shorts, put paper in-between. To secure your mobos down, use hot glue when convenient and duct-tape when there is too much room.

Paper is fine, however I would use wax paper. That's what zenloc does and what I'm doing in my portable. Hot glue is perfect for securing. BUT DUCT TAPE no, just no. You really don't have to fill space because more space is more airflow, which is good! So what you do is secure your board to the back/bottom of the case (wherever possible) and glue the boards to each other. Then when you put the boards in the case it'll just squish together like a sandwich and hold together! In fact, like I did in my N64p, you barely need to secure the boards at all! Squishing it together will actully be stonger than hot glue or duct tape. As you can tell I don't like duct tape :D.

- mymixed

yeah I used a tupperware container, and everything... Barely fits, and I did put paper in between each layer, like a PCB sandwich, and now it is all just friction fitting together, next time I am going to use a different case... :-/ thank you guys for the input and ideas! great forum too btw! :dahroll: :dahroll: :D :D

Then impossible to remove later unless you use screws for everything.

Where as hotglue comes off with a little alcohol.

bentomo said:
Then impossible to remove later unless you use screws for everything.

Where as hotglue comes off with a little alcohol.
This. I never use expoxy to secure boards, with my luck, if I did, I'd try to take it out and the board would snap. :dah:

I didn't mean industrial epoxy :rofl: I'm talking about the low grade stuff that you can just pop off with a little bit of force.

you can use alcohol to take off hot glue?? O_o? I've just been prying away with a flathead haha, and I use this marine/plastic putty epoxy and I swear to god that stuff was made in the heavens because it works fricken miracles hahahahaha :dahroll:

Back