How to cut your n64 down like a winrar!

I am legend said:
I was just wondering if you could cut the board in half and reconnect all the traces with some wires.
It is theoretically possible, but nobody has done it successfully, as it amounts to a very serious soldering task. There has also been talk that it could cause issues based on communication lag between chips.

Hi I know this tread is a few years old but I am trying to make my own N64 Portable and wanted some help on how to trim down the board so it will fit in a gameboy advance carrying case and I cant see the 2 pics at the beginning of the thread is there any way someone can repost them or other similar pics so I can see them?

Unfortunately a lot of pictures hosted by shockslayer were lost several months ago. But as for the n64 it's pretty easy to trim and you can get a good idea of how to trim it by looking at what other people have cut off and using a multimeter.

But there's lots of information in the n64 mega sticky.

I actually backed up the images to pdf files with most of the pics he hosted. I will post them and give credit to him in the corresponding threads

Credit for pics goes to The Almighty Shockslayer

Back