How to cut your n64 down like a winrar!

ShockSlayer

Probably SS
These images should about do it, tell me if you have any more questions.

This requires you to rewire to the RCP. if you do the second line(closer to the top) you don't have to, I wont be rewiring to the RCP in mine if I don't have to.

Frontnotopcut.jpg

Back-2.jpg

Another thing for cutting down the size of your board, is swapping the ram, and then using a jumper pack severely cut down(or you can hardwire the resistors.

When it comes to reconnecting the controller, the A/V, and the power, just trace the traces with a multimeter and you'll find out what goes where quick.

SS

Thanks! :mrgreen:
Is there a way to have the n64 always be on? or is that what you did by connecting the battey to where the power switch usually goes?

What do you mean "connect voltage here"? the arrow at the power switch
And what do you mean "reconnect 7.2V" is that neg or pos?

what about the one going to the power switch?
since the 3.3v from the regulator is going on the back of the system, and the 7.4 is going there, what is that?

can you tell us the dimensions for your board after trimming, I think their are different rev's where you can trim it down even more

blaze3927 said:
can you tell us the dimensions for your board after trimming, I think their are different rev's where you can trim it down even more

True. I have a REV-4 and a REV-9, and almost all the caps and crystals are in different places, but they can both be cut down equally.

Where it's labeled "7.4v here", I know that's the 7805's input. Would I be able to just remove the 7805, and put 5v into the output spot? I have a ton of TI regulators that serve no purpose, so I'm going to do it if it works.

So this is w/o a doubt a dumb question but just so I can feel safe im taking it tht the red lines on the outside are the lines im supposed to chop right?

Back