Horizontal Video Static Bars

legofan623

I'm just about finished with this portable, but there's still something that's bugging me about it. When I have no TV connected, the LCD looks like this:

hqddv.jpg

This is fine, the video looks good. When I connect it to a TV though:

vjsnk.jpg

I get these nasty static lines. They're reflected even worse on the TV:

fvvcg.jpg

I've tried it on two different TVs, same deal. What do I need to do so that this doesn't happen?

Are you using custom regulators? If you are, raise the CPU and/or GPU voltage a bit.

Have you tried turning the LCD off? It might just not work with a TV connected depending on your LCD.

Using stock regs, I'll try disconnecting the internal LCD.

EDIT: The picture looks great when the LCD is disconnected, thanks for the tip!

xjwln.jpg

I'm not 100% sure but I believe you need a video splitter to properly display to 2 different displays. Reason being that the one Display processes data and puts a slight load on the video line and when you pull 2 times, the displays fight for the signal.

I'm having trouble locating a small powered video splitter, but I did use a shielded wire for the RCA jack and it helped a little bit, but not much. I guess it's the "output switch" life for me...

You can just use a simple On-Off SPDT switch too. All you would have to do is wire it on the Video line between the screen and the Video out.

Back