Hoe can I dim an LED? As it is too bright.

Hi, I'm currently modding my PS1 console. I have relocated the power light to the right side of the console, all I have done is connect wires to the positive and negative of where the original LED once was to extend the LED to a different place (pretty basic & simple mod). But I have also added a second LED next to it that is being powered from a different location on the power board. The second LED that I have added is much brighter than the other one, probably because it is getting a bit more voltage than the other, but I want them to be the same brightness. Does anyone know how I can dim the LED down a bit? I'm a bit of a noob to this stuff really so I'd really appreciate your help.

You can just about see from this video how much brighter the one on the right is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q06tlKG1XsM&feature=youtu.be

Here is a picture of where the brighter LED is being powered from:

And the other one is being powered from here:

The LED being powered from the original power LED location is getting 2.8 volts and the Brighter one is getting 3.5 volts. Do I just need a resistor or something?

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks.

if the second LED is only gonna be on when the Power LED is on, why not solder it in parallel to the Power LED?

Do you mean solder it on to the same power source as the power light? If so I tried that, but the power led is only putting out 2.8 volts which isn't enough to power two LED's

Okay thanks for the reply's I'll give that a try tomorrow. If that doesn't work would it be possible to put some kind of dim switch into the circuit? Then set it to the brightness I want and just hide the switch inside the console?

Thanks.

Back