Hey is this a good design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I threw this together in paint is it good can some one do it and in a small case?
pimpinn64design.jpg

how did u look at this topic so fast? do you look at this all the time or just a coincidence I made it like a minute ago now. but I have the image up

LOL@Beta. but, pretty much. Those batteries are tiny, be prepared to completely remove everything but them from that section because a decent set of batteries will take up the whole surface area of the n64, probably more. Those are nowhere near the size of a 5000 mAh pack.

furthermore, controller pcbs aren't often that small easily, nor will the cartridge have an easy time getting to the slot with a battery in the way.

Also, I didn't know it was a crime to look at new posts every four or five minutes while I'm online :/

This is way out of proportion, as Snow said. If you were just showing a layout design you're thinking of, it's basically fine, but if you were trying to show everything in proportion to the board too, it's way off.

Specifically, fix the size of the battery [or batteries, which seem more likely] and it is unlikely that this will be smaller than SS's awesome n64p [if you are talking about his TriSixtyFource; if you are meaning an earlier one, it may be plausible].

Keep working on it.

The design in its entirety simply won't work, not just because of the batteries. The batteries cause a domino effect, nothing else will fit, causing the design to need to be canned tbh.

Most of us follow a basic principle and fit all the little stuff wherever it will fit.

Yeah, now that I take a closer look at it, the design is flux. And from your knowledge, I doubt you'll be able to rcp wire the expansion pack, and the 3.5 inch screen is way outta proportion!

you can't rcp wire an expansion pak, silly :p

...........or can you?

Also, his screen ain't far off. The buttons are tho :D

snowpenguin said:
you can't rcp wire an expansion pak, silly :p

...........or can you?

Also, his screen ain't far off. The buttons are tho :D

I thought you can rcp wire the exp. pack. Isn't that what Mario did in the Sprocket64 or something?

I guess I was just nit-picking with the screen, but the buttons are way off, unless he plans to use home-made buttons or arcade buttons.

:mrgreen:

RCP wiring is named that because you wire the cart slot directly to the rcp.

But expansion pak relocation is basically just taking off the connector and soldering the pak where it was.

Ok, I don't know why I thought the Sprocket64 had a relocated exp. pack, but you're right.

Either way, this portable won't be epic at all if he doesn't change the design.

:sweat: This design won't work, but the idea of converting C from buttons to a anolog stick was interesting. :D You must be using gamecube parts.

Just don't overlook your design and ALWAYS make SURE that it will work. But sadly, it just won't. <:(

No offence, but build a simple n64 portable. RCP wiring and hardwiring the expansion pak is not an easy task, its time consuming even for a pro.

Bush said:
...paint has a line tool...
Pure win (there's a box tool too :p )

It looks like you're assuming no parts can fit anywhere unless its on top of the n64 mobo. you need a case design and some dimensions before you can properly work this out.

Haha, watch him just completely nail it and have everything RCP'd and it's like half the size of the trisixtyforce.

It's not the worst design I've seen, but it's pretty bad. Even if it's just a "general idea" design, it's still horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back