Headphone jack on ps2p mod (complete)

Gamerlolwind

hey guys,
I'm working on a ps2p headphone jack mod,
my ps2p doesn't have one and i was thinking of a way to add one in,

i'll be using the same audio amp that i have used for my GCP.
i made a diagram on what pins are what on it's board:

and using the sameish headphone jack as i used in my GCP (i found another one similar to my gcp one)

Headphone Jack wiring

GND: Bronze
L: Green
R: Gray

Amp's Headphone Jack Pins

GND: Bronze
L: Red
R: Green

since, i already know the amp and everything from before, it should be really easy to add in to my ps2p.

Things to do to get a Headphone Jack working n a ps2:

1) Solder the new amp to the ps2.
->Solder IDE wires to the amp's headphone jack pins (Done)
->solder the Headphone jack wires with the Audio cable's wires (Done)
->solder the Amp's Speaker wires to the Ps2's Speaker wires. (Done)
->solder the Headphone jack wires to the Ps2's audio wires. (Done)
->solder the Amp's Power source wires (BATT +/-) to the ps2 power source (Done)

30/7/14

A few things I found out today after some testing and my headphone jack wires solder:

The audio jack seems to work as the headphone jack, and the headphone wires (behind the audio jack act as the audio in cable,). Strange, but for this unit, (it is a diffrent version than my GCp one, as it worked the other way around, headphone jack = headphone jack and audio jack = audio jack) here it seems to be the opposite, as when I tested out the reverse I got sound but missing stuff,).

Anyways, now that the audio and headphones work, I need to solder the hjack to it and such.

12/8/14

working on soldering the Amp's Speaker wires to the Ps2's Speaker wires and the Headphone jack wires to the Ps2's audio wires. (Today)

28/8/14

after a long break from not working on or thinking about the headphone jack mod, cause i had a big issue with the buzzing sound from headphones. luckily i fixed it by changing some wires around that i wired wrong and the main reason for the buzzing sound was that i forgot to wire the GND from the amp with the other GND's, so hence reason for buzz sound :)
yay no more buzzing sound :)

Back