Headphone jack on ps2 buzzing sound?

Gamerlolwind

Hay guys,
I did a mod to wire up a headphone jack to my ps2p,
I used a radio shack headphone jack, And using this diagram that I got from casperrojas for wring the wires to the pins on the headphone jack,

I did the mod exactly like the diagram said, I tested out my results, and it worked, but I get buzzing sound from the headphones, (I tried two headphones, one earphones, and one headphones, they both had buzzing sound?) the speaker works fine and such, but on the headphones I get buzzing sound.

Anyone know why I'm getting buzzing sound on headphones? And what I can do to fix it?
Thanx.

Buzzing in general could be a lot of things. What exactly does it sound like?
If you wired it directly to the motherboard, it could just be something the motherboard does inherently. Consoles do that sometimes and the noise is not really present once the signal goes through an amp.
If you have connected an amp, it could just be the amp itself (low quality). Or even airborne interference from any nearby components.

Blargaman91 said:
Buzzing in general could be a lot of things. What exactly does it sound like?
If you wired it directly to the motherboard, it could just be something the motherboard does inherently. Consoles do that sometimes and the noise is not really present once the signal goes through an amp.
If you have connected an amp, it could just be the amp itself (low quality). Or even airborne interference from any nearby components.

Um, yeah it is a lot of things,
I have a potemeter thing in the ps2p with a speaker,
Um that could be the buzzing sound, or something else like you said,
It is sure interferance, I can confirm that myself as I tested it out just now.

The mod worked, cause I wired the right pins and all, and I used flux paste (you can't go wrong with flux paste) :).

Also when I plug in the headphone/earphone into the jack, the sound goes from speaker to headphones, but buzzing on headphones, the sound seems to be from the fan? Wtf!? Why the fan is interfering with the headphone jack? Or how? Lol.

When I have no headphones in the fan sound is loud, when I plug them in it goes from speakers to headphones.

edit, the amp seems to be the problem. i'm doing a mod right now to replace it,

Um can the buzzing sound that I'm getting from my headphones - headphone jack be from incorrect wiring?

Also, I'm using an audio amp right now, a new one.

I mean like if let's say I wire the speaker wires + and - with the wires for the audio Left right and GnD or the speaker wires with the audio ones?

I remeber that the buzzing issue started when I wired up the headphone jack with the points above, maybe I wired them backwards, so hence the buzzing sound,

Or if the old amp, is broken or such, causes this buzzing sound?
When removed the sound buzz will be gone.

Also can wring left and right audio wires together cause buzzing?
Cause left and right are one wire,

Also, the audio amp and such works, becuase I get sound, but with buzz. If it was broken or such, I wouldn't get any sound.

28/8/14

Okay, I solved the issue of the headphone buzzing, the GnD of the amp wasn't wired together with the other GnD wires, and some of my wiring was wrong, so I fixed it.

Now I get clear sound no buzzing, the GnD must have been the main cause of this.

Back