have you got some tips about GC dvd connector soldering

Hi everybody,

i'm new to the community and i've tried for first mod to build a mobile GC (i don't really know if it'll see the light of day, but i'm still trying).

I've Disassembled the bobox, halfly trimmed the motherboard (halfly because this is not the same motherboard that i've seen in Mega-Sticky, so, i've renounciated to cut the secont part to preserve the video Coax linking possibility), wired the Original Regulator, put off every connectors, but ...

I'm trying for two long days to solder the DVD player. there's two option:

1) tin don't get well around my wires (mono brin s=0.02mm²)
2) i'm trembling when i'm soldering a wire.

So, there's my question, have you got some tips to avoid these problems?

[message edited: correcting writing faults, please excuse my approximative english)

Well, I recommend multi-strand IDE wire, easier to tin, and better for data IMO.

You can try a variety of things to work with shaky hands:

1. Practice a lot
2. Tweezers to hold stuff in place
3. Hold a razor blade in between each contact so you don't overlap
4. Do things to calm yourself down, don't get over-excited, rest well, cut back on sugars, don't use florescent lighting(causes stress in some people, causing shaking)
5. Try propping up the soldering iron, and then moving the board and the wire to it, or a variation of it.

You could try vodka. :p

SS

i've already tried vodka the day of my electronic degree, i worked great until i p*** on my teacher ... :oops:

seriously, shaky hands are not realy a problem that can be solved, it's quite recent, but i'll live with this a long time ...

i've practiced for 4 years, i'm listening mike oldfield in the hope that can cool me down :p

i've though i've found what to do. I'm soldering, half of wires on tha A size and the other on the B size, masking everything that i shouldn't solder on it with black scotch (or red, depending of the first who came to me)

thanks for your advices, i'll take a new try

stay tuned :)

edit: no caffeine at any time (no coca, no coffee, no tea, no water, nothing at all, why am i alive if i don't drinkin' anything? :sweat: )

no, i've ran to toilets, but that was really short for he

ok, i've soldered first half, i'm starting the second one ...

Back