Gamecube controller mod for Wiiu gamepad

Bear in mind this is my first major mod here, the only other thing I've done is solder 3 component ports to a DVD player using the 3.5mm video jack so I could use it as a mini screen which was fairly easy.

So I want to get a wavebird and attach it to a frame which could be clipped on to a wiiu gamepad, only thing is I'm not sure how to go about this, mainly with trying to get the GC controller split in half. Now if it is simpler with a standard GC controller then I don't mind but having it completely wireless would be nicer.
Just in case I'm not making sense, I'll include a picture of how it would look in theory.
http://i66.tinypic.com/1693os5.png
I'd love to make a GC portable but I haven't got the money or skill to do something like that so this is like the next best thing.
Thanks

alright so I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to achieve here... do you want a gamecube controller that interfaces with the Wii U or one that interfaces with the GameCube itself... or you want both? If you want one that interfaces with just the Wii U then it shouldn't be too hard, you should be able to use the wired controller shell but still have it be a wireless gamepad if it's the other way around that will be a bit harder but still doable with the wavebird

Just one that interfaces with the WiiU, I will buy the GC adapter for WiiU and then a GC controller to use for this. I need the feel of the GC controller to play games because without it I suck at games like Melee ahaha

No need to get an adapter, since the wii U has all of the buttons already its pretty easy to wire up, you don't even need the GameCube controller guts if you don't want to use it

So are you saying I should rewire the buttons to the pro controller? Because I am up for doing this but I still want the gamepad to work with WiiU as well as having analogue triggers as I know the gamepad are just digital

Green_Saint said:
So are you saying I should rewire the buttons to the pro controller? Because I am up for doing this but I still want the gamepad to work with WiiU as well as having analogue triggers as I know the gamepad are just digital

just rewire buttons directly from the control pad to the Wii U tablet thing.... also gamecube has analogue triggers in it as well

Lol I don't think I made myself clear here, the reason I wanted to do this mod was because I want to play GameCube backups off of the VWii using nintendont, nintendont doesn't support the WiiU gamepad though so by doing this mod I play off the tablet screen without having to perch it up and use a separate controller.
I have no idea why I didn't include this in the very first post, I guess I was trying to be brief or something, so sorry I just wasted loads of your time :hand:

Green_Saint said:
Lol I don't think I made myself clear here, the reason I wanted to do this mod was because I want to play GameCube backups off of the VWii using nintendont, nintendont doesn't support the WiiU gamepad though so by doing this mod I play off the tablet screen without having to perch it up and use a separate controller.
I have no idea why I didn't include this in the very first post, I guess I was trying to be brief or something, so sorry I just wasted loads of your time :hand:

Doesn't really take much time to type and you didn't really waste any of my time... This is a pretty simple concept of a mod and shouldn't be too bad to actually finish just don't give up

Well I've ordered some stuff and I'm gonna be buying some wires tomorrow as well as some thinner solder,
what kind of wire should I be looking into? just some thin insulated wire? also I am a bit confused how I will wire the WiiU's buttons to the GameCube pad as the WiiU uses like a flat data cable similar to how the cables are on the WiiKey Fusion (I forget what they are called, the ones that slide into a clasp) + I decided to use a GC controller since I wanna use this on my actual GC too and just because I know how small I can get the GameCube PCB thanks to Ashen

Well I think I'm giving up ahaha, I would've finished this but I have no clue how to solder the wires to the WiiU's buttons as they use them latches and flat data cables, and when I began solder wires to the GC microchip I used a bit too much solder and its spread to the other pins, I don't have a de-soldering pump or anything so yeah

Back