Happy New Year MR!

mymixed

Merry New year ModRetro!

Heres a ModRetro Doodle:
5313039528_c9acf0f651.jpg

- mymixed

I hope you all are having a better 2011 than I've had so far. .-.

Having laryngitis sucks enough in itself, but so far my Dad seems to think that it's really funny or that I enjoy it somehow. He keeps trying to make me talk and when I'd finally had enough and did my best to tell him he's an inconsiderate jackass he started to laugh. Even worse, I have to go to my cousin's wedding today, and my relatives aren't exactly the sympathetic type, either. I just hope to God they'll be too preoccupied with the wedding to hassle me...

Didn't do anything. Kinda sad that it's 2011 now actually. 2010 was a good year. Well, the second half anyway.

Twilight Wolf said:
Ehh, my parents took away my pc and so far my mom hasn't even wished me a happy birthday ;_;
They seem to hate me for doing nothing wrong, hiding myself from danger in my room. They're planning to put it in the hall, too. AKA my sister will get it infected with a few hundred viruses while going on facebook and downloading MP3s.

Mako321 said:
Twilight Wolf said:
Ehh, my parents took away my pc and so far my mom hasn't even wished me a happy birthday ;_;
They seem to hate me for doing nothing wrong, hiding myself from danger in my room. They're planning to put it in the hall, too. AKA my sister will get it infected with a few hundred viruses while going on facebook and downloading MP3s.
Just backup everything onto an external HDD and put Linux on it.

If I put linux on it, no wifi.
Thing is, I can't do anything unless I'm in total privacy. Not even browsing the web or playing games.

I ran over my laptop with my car on New Years Eve. *Can'tSayThisOnTV* the new year.

Mako321 said:
If I put linux on it, no wifi.
Thing is, I can't do anything unless I'm in total privacy. Not even browsing the web or playing games.

*Can'tSayThisOnTV* up the MBR so they can't boot into windows. You could also just unplug the hard drive/disable it from the BIOS, but that's the easy way out.

OR remove all the parts and replace them with those from a flaxty craigslist PC or something, then rebuild your rig into a more stealthy case to keep in your room.

You could always rig up a lil netbook inside of a textbook, too. Hook it up to a tv, and get one of those wireless keyboards to keep under your pillow. Very inconspicuous.

Wait, Linux = No wifi? Why the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* not? I've had no problems.

mymixed said:
grossaffe said:
I ran over my laptop with my car on New Years Eve. *PLINK* the new year.
Oh no.
D:

Screen's kinda busted, but everything else functions properly. I'm typing on it now as I've hooked it up to my TV and am using a USB Keyboard and Mouse. I am currently trying to decide whether I want to get a new screen for this laptop (3.5 years old now) or buy a new AMD Turion Neo netbook.

New laptop I'm looking at comes to around $600-650, new screen is about $90, or I can get a 'grade c' used screen for $70

zeturi said:
You could always rig up a lil netbook inside of a textbook, too. Hook it up to a tv, and get one of those wireless keyboards to keep under your pillow. Very inconspicuous.
Already using my netbook for everything, but it can't even run *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing MORROWIND. :/
Linux drivers for my wifi card are dead impossible to install, and if you can you still can't use a WPA2 connection for whatever reason.(No, can't change the router settings)
Zero, took out the hard drive already :p Still won't change anything though, my parents will either demand for it back or buy a new one :/

Back