Guides

Caredo

Okay, so we're missing out on quite a few guides because plagiarism is "wrong".

Are we going to flat-out omit those guides from these forums or does someone have a plan? I'd say somebody should take the time to paraphrase a guide, draw out their own diagrams, etc. in order to "legally" post the guides here. Of course, we could just ask for permission from the authors. However, there are guides written by mods.

Thoughts?

I posted mario's LOB64 one and said in huge red bold that all credits go to him and gave a link. That way, its just like doing what engadget does when they show-off people's portables, just showing it off, not claiming any ownership or anything.

Most guides have alternative to ones written by mods. In fact, hardly any were written by benheck mods.

First, we will flesh out the guides from the members we have now. Then, as we get more people on board, thy will post their guides. Eventually, in a month or so, once it is clear who is on which side, we will either re-make the guides, or beg people to use them.

Legally, we only have to give credit, but I want to avoid that situation if at all possible.

Yeah. Ordinarily I wouldn't flinch at just stealing the guides, but I need to keep in mind that you guys are trying to make a legitimate website here.

Yeah, he wins. :mrgreen:

That is why I wanted him here, he can lend the view of a wise old person to these off-the-wall teenagers! ;)

PalmerTech said:
Yeah, he wins. :mrgreen:

That is why I wanted him here, he can lend the view of a wise old person to these off-the-wall teenagers! ;)
you calling me off the wall, punk!? :lol:

bacteria is my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

ps. lame lol smily is lame! :wtf:

Back