GUIDE: Chopping the N64 board a tiny bit more.

ShockSlayer

Probably SS
suparrcp.png

suparRCPBack.jpg

suparrcpoverlay.jpg

CPU 64 - RCP 72

CPU 66 - RCP 69

CPU 69 - RCP 68
CPU 70 - RCP 67

CPU 73 - RCP 66

CPU 77 - RCP 65
CPU 78 - RCP 62

CPU 81 - RCP 61
CPU 82 - RCP 60
CPU 83 - RCP 59

CPU 86 - RCP 124
CPU 87 - RCP 123
CPU 88 - PIF 25

This'll should you cut all the way up to the CPU.

SS

You can go a lot farther than that, seriously.

Smallest I've ever had a working N64 was about 6" x 3.5".

And you can definitely go smaller.

looking at my n64, 6x 3.5 can be achieved simply by rcp wiring. nothing else. however, if one was so inclined, the board could be as small as 3.5x 3 1/4" if one were to wire the right side over. (ala megabite, but successfully. looks possible to me) [revision 4 mobo]

@samjc3-In theory, you could replace every trace on the board with kynar wire, thus being able to squeeze it anywhere. This doesn't mean that anybody will. At some point, you have to ask yourself if some modifications are entirely worth it in the long run.

well if you wanna play hardball, is it worth modding it at all? i mean, why not buy a psp or a pandora? [/youtube comment cigarette]

lol psp gets full speed n64! i play mario 64 all the time!!11!!!one11

and, for cutting the board between the rcp and the right side of the board (right between rcp and mav-nus), its really only 30 or so connections. (the n64 is 2 layer/center ground, right?) not really that hard.

Samjc3...... where is this completed portable of yours with a 6" X 3.5" board......

I thought so..... :p

hailrazer said:
Samjc3...... where is this completed portable of yours with a 6" X 3.5" board......

I thought so..... :p
he sold it to a fellow youtube cigarette for 50 bucks because they sent him another n64 for the cost.

In theory you could rewire those traces, but didn't someone try and find out that they are really latency, noise, or capacitance sensitive or something like that?

XCVG said:
In theory you could rewire those traces, but didn't someone try and find out that they are really latency, noise, or capacitance sensitive or something like that?

i think kibble did

Back