Got caught up making money :/

QuickSkop3

So basically I went into hibernation because my parents started letting me play on weekdays again, and I found out you can make money off the Internet (Made almost 5000$ selling Tf2 hats)

But, since my brothers grades are slipping, I can't play anymore, so I return :D

Basically forgot most of this, so I might need a helping hand along the way, and the reverseTraverse64 is still sitting in peices at my desk, so that needs to be wrapped up.

I hope to see more and more of you as I clear out my hat inventory :)

QuickSkop3 said:
See that hasn't change aboot you.

Least MY teams doing good in the playoffs :p
speaking of your team, I met your 1st round draft selection from this past year 12-13 years ago. We played in the arcades at Ashburn Ice House while my dad was reffing and his was coaching (I'm sure you know his dad is former NHL Defenseman Mark Tinordi). We hung out and played Air Hockey and other arcade games together.

$5k? *fires up TF2*
Hmm... I have it already, I s'pose it's about time to see what all the fuss is about...

ttsgeb said:
$5k? *fires up TF2*
Hmm... I have it already, I s'pose it's about time to see what all the fuss is about...

Are you going to play it to enjoy a badass game or play it to exploit stupid peoples' obsession with virtual items and make money?

Make your choice, because one cannot do both. Just as light and darkness cannot coexist in the same space, one cannot be both a player and a trader. Such is this law of the universe.

Lately I've been playing more and more, but yes, you can only be one, and it seems until I fully sell myself out, I'll never really be done.

Regardless, you'll be seeing more of me (I hope)

And grossaffe, that's pretty sweet :D

You have not yet seen the creature that I can become. I can totally do all three. See... Now you have to figure out what the third one is.

Does reselling things like that break the Steam Subscriber Agreement?

Would buy things from some other random player when they can just buy them off the Mann Co. Store?
emot-psyduck.gif
(You must have been undercutting them pretty hard. Even then how much idling did you have to do to farm enough raw material to make the hats?)

Doesn't Valve only give you drops a certain number of hours per week too? You'd have to have like multiple accounts or something.

Yep.

TF2 Wiki said:
There is no cap on the amount of items that can be received per week, but instead a cap on the amount of playtime in which drops can occur. This cap has been estimated to 11 hours each week (Every Thursday.).[2] Playing beyond the cap won't yield additional items. Playing less than the cap carries over unused time to the next week, increasing that week's cap to a maximum of two weeks' worth of playtime. It has been estimated that a maximum of 7 to 12 items can be found each week. Receiving a Mann Co. Supply Crate or any usable item does not count against the cap.[3][4] The system resets each player's playtime cap every Thursday at approximately 0:00AM Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Item_drop_system

bic said:
Yep.

TF2 Wiki said:
There is no cap on the amount of items that can be received per week, but instead a cap on the amount of playtime in which drops can occur. This cap has been estimated to 11 hours each week (Every Thursday.).[2] Playing beyond the cap won't yield additional items. Playing less than the cap carries over unused time to the next week, increasing that week's cap to a maximum of two weeks' worth of playtime. It has been estimated that a maximum of 7 to 12 items can be found each week. Receiving a Mann Co. Supply Crate or any usable item does not count against the cap.[3][4] The system resets each player's playtime cap every Thursday at approximately 0:00AM Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Item_drop_system
About 7 hours a week.

I'm not sure you guys quite grasp how selling stuff works.

Okay, so you all know about TF2's hats and the community's irrational obsession with them. Well, Valve decided to be dumbasses and released so-called Unusual hats. The hats have particle effects and as such stupid people who should stick to playing WoW will pay flaxloads of money for them. Like, I'm not even joking when I say this, I've heard of hats selling for upwards of $2000. I wish we could sterilize such idiotic people so they can't reproduce, but I think they're probably asexual to begin with, so it's a non-issue. The only way Unusual hats can be acquired, aside from trading, is through random chance by opening crates. Crates drop randomly while you play the game and can only be opened by use of keys, which cost $2.50 each. The chance of getting an Unusual hat is small, and you'll most likely either get a weapon or some other cheap item, so you'd have to buy a ton of keys and acquire a ton of crates to get a chance at an Unusual hat. How these hats' value managed to get so incredibly hyperinflated beyond this is beyond me, and I don't understand how someone can afford to pay said flaxloads of money for a hat (which is an item that doesn't even do anything in the only environment it exists in, let alone in the real world), because it would require you to be either obscenely wealthy or work a job that wouldn't allow you enough free time to even play the game to begin with.

The selling of items doesn't break any of Valve's terms of service. Valve doesn't care if you sell your items, but they don't monitor or control any transactions that take place outside of the game, including the exchange of money, so any such transactions are done at your own risk.

Twilight Wolf said:
I wish we could sterilize such idiotic people so they can't reproduce, but I think they're probably asexual to begin with, so it's a non-issue.
I think my 12 year old stepsister can make better insults then you do :p That is literally the most dorky thing I have heard or read all day haha

I think you meant this?

Twilight Wolf said:
The hats have particle effects and as such stupid people who should stick to playing WoW will pay flaxloads of money to voluntarily become Sniper fodder.

Twilight Wolf said:
I wish we could sterilize such idiotic people so they can't reproduce, but I think they're probably asexual to begin with, so it's a non-issue.

Asexual people are still capable of re-producing and and most of them actually will end up engaging in sexual activity with a partner at some point anyway.

Source: An asexual.

lern2sexuality

Back