GCP Almost Complete! Quick Battery Question

zack

Anyone have experience buying these batteries off ebay? They're pretty common to find on the site. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-DC-12V-Port ... 48501b1b97

I've pretty much completed my first GCP, but I want to make an external battery pack to go with it. Now I know these batteries are cheap and nowhere near the advertised mAh, but they should still last awhile don't you think? Does anyone know what the actual mAh is?

They won't even last 45 minutes.

They are complete and utter crap and a waste of time/money.

The 6800mAh is around 680mAh and the 9800mAh is about 980mAh

Really, that bad? I guess I wont be getting those. I ordered some cylindrical cells off batteryspace.com

Cheaping out on batteries is a bad idea. Getting a good deal on batteries from a respectable seller like BatterySpace is fine, but you're very unlikely to find a good deal on ebay batteries that advertise being much higher capacity than they are. You'll end up buying the good batteries eventually, might as well not waste money on the cheap ones.

Yeah, I know the cheap ones are NOT as good as they seem, but I didn't know if they were good enough for testing or demonstrating the system on the go. I guess my thinking was that a cheap battery that's large enough would eventually be good.

Back