[GC] Something wrong with my mobo...

CPCookieMan

Hi there!

So I've been working on a GameCube Portable! I seem to have hit a bit of a roadblock though... I had it mostly together, and suddenly power to the portable cut out and it never saw another blip of life. Until now, when I went to look into the problem more (rather than buy a new gamecube, which I'd rather not) I found that the 5A fuse on the regulator was busted. I bridged it, but was then greeted by another problem. Now the power light on the controller board comes on for about half a second before power cuts out.

Now I've found this, I wonder if this could be part of the problem?
Link to oversized image

Thanks for any help,
CPCookieMan

What rev. is your board? Sounds like an A/B.
12.png

Ashen's guide shows you can cut off what you chipped with no problems, so I'm doubtful that's the problem. If you've got a bad reg, I can hook you up with another. You could also always try using the alternate voltage inputs here.

Noah said:
What rev. is your board? Sounds like an A/B.
<snip> If you've got a bad reg, I can hook you up with another. You could also always try using the alternate voltage inputs here.
DOL-001 with all the ports on it, so I'm thinking Rev A. I don't think I need a new reg. Do those voltage inputs need 5v somewhere too?

I got it, the power was hooked up wrong. Helpful to note that when rerouting the power, whoever said not to hook up the 12v was wrong. I needed it for sound.

Mods can close.

Back