gbc mod ideas/help

umyea2000

hey i am umyea! a new member so hey :D
anyways... i just bought a clear gbc yesterday. and i would like to mod/hack it some how. now i know about the fronlite mod and leds ect. but i have know clue how i could overclock it. so if any of you guys could explain how to. or point me to a decent tutorial what would be great.
:mrgreen:

hey welcome to the forum but I would recommend looking in the handhelds mega sticky also will do the same mods as you once I get the parts so post up a write up of your own if you do it

ok so i have a question, i read the stickys and will work on my color. but i also have a caseless
gba sp and i was wondering .. is there a way to use it on a external screen or a tv , the screens broken
hopefully i do not sound like a huge noob asking theses questions lol

Video out? No, that'd be pretty well impossible......Except if
palmertech said:
Here are the needed pins on the LCD connector, and what they do:

[01] -- :
[02] /VSYNC: vertical sync / frame start (SPS)
[03] -- :
[04] -- :
[05] LDB1 : 5 bit Blue data
[06] LDB2 .
[07] LDB3 .
[08] LDB4 .
[09] LDB5 .
[10] LDG1 : 5 bit Green data
[11] LDG2 .
[12] LDG3 .
[13] LDG4 .
[14] LDG5 .
[15] LDR1 : 5 bit Red data
[16] LDR2 .
[17] LDR3 .
[18] LDR4 .
[19] LDR5 .
[20] -- :
[21] -- :
[22] /DCK : Data sampling clock signal / dot clock

All you need to do is tap these signals and build a custom encoder box to read those signals and put out composite. Not a simple task, it will take at least $100 or so worth of parts for you to build, and you may as well just buy a GBA and a GBA TV converter if you really want GBA on a TV. That, or a gamecube with a GB Player.

ok lol i do not really have 100 bucks to spend on it soooo..i might just buy a replacement screen and build a custom case. thanks for the info though.
:) cheers

Back