GBA SP Screen

So i now have two dismantled screens from putting the front light on my GBC. I was curious if anyone knows anything about the screen connection itself. My dad and i were trying to come up with some way to make the screen be able to have a usb jack. Perhaps somehow using the ribbon on the screen with the part it hooks into on the board to arrange some sort of usb out jack.

I have no clue if it is possible, but if anyone knows what the different lines on the ribbon are for so i could figure out how to wire it. That would just make my day!

Thanks,
-Tim

You want to attach a USB Jack to the screen...

What are you really trying to do with it?
Control the screen with a computer?
Make the Gameboy output video to a computer?
What?

Oh, and I'm willing to bet my left nut this is out of your league and something you won't be able to do.
I don't mean to be rude, but this isn't just a matter of "solder here!".

jleemero said:
You want to attach a USB Jack to the screen...

What are you really trying to do with it?
Control the screen with a computer?
Make the Gameboy output video to a computer?
What?

Oh, and I'm willing to bet my left nut this is out of your league and something you won't be able to do.
I don't mean to be rude, but this isn't just a matter of "solder here!".

While it may very well be out of my league lol i understand it will be more then just solder i know how to design and build circuit boards i just need to know what all of the links on the ribbon do. I am hoping to be able to control the screen with a computer...long story lol

J.D, no it's not you trolling lovely lady.

Okay, so you wanna control the screen with a computer, that's feasible.
Unfortunately, we don't have pinouts of the GBC's LCD.
We do have ones for the original DMG and Gameboy pocket, and the control protocol is DEAD simple.
But for the GBC, you've got your work cut out for you.
Same goes for the GBA LCD.

jleemero said:
J.D, no it's not you trolling lovely lady.

Okay, so you wanna control the screen with a computer, that's feasible.
Unfortunately, we don't have pinouts of the GBC's LCD.
We do have ones for the original DMG and Gameboy pocket, and the control protocol is DEAD simple.
But for the GBC, you've got your work cut out for you.
Same goes for the GBA LCD.

any chance you can get me a link for the pinouts for the DMG so i can kinda see how that one works?

edit: and the one for the pocket, although i assume they are very close if not the same.

I have a feeling the GBA and GBC series use similar, if not identical protocols for the LCD data. I wouldn't be surprised if some chap managed to get a GBC's image on the GBA. Heck, the DS LCDs might even be the same.

But as far as understanding the protocol, nobody's really figured that out yet.

GBA and GBC LCD use very similar, but not identical protocols.
It'd be fairly difficult to use GBA LCD on a GBC, or vice-versa.

Back