GBA CUBE

gman

Here's my newest gamecube portable built on commission. It took a very long time to make unfortunetly because I used a pal cube and it took forever to get it. It uses a gba carrying case hence the name. When I first finished the portable, the screen had a problem and when I restarted the gamecube to play the game, the screen wouldnt always turn on again. I later replaced the screen and it plays fine now but at the time the video was taken, the screen was faulty, so for that reason the video isnt public but I'll show the link to it so you can see it in action.

Features:
GBA carrying case
pal gamecube
wiikey fusion
av out
2nd player port
original gamecube buttons
dual tact method for shoulder buttons
full sized memory card port on slot B
Internal memory card on slot A
External Fan -I had heating issues at one time so i had to redo the fan combo
Headphone jack
5600 mah rechareable batteries

Pic -I forgot to take final pics before I shipped it :(

Needs swiss flashed to the wkf (only do this if you have a sd gecko slot in case the firmware gets messed up and needs resetting). Also needs some sort of artwork in that space around the screen. Those are the only things I would change.

Drakon said:
Needs swiss flashed to the wkf (only do this if you have a sd gecko slot in case the firmware gets messed up and needs resetting). Also needs some sort of artwork in that space around the screen. Those are the only things I would change.
I can respect that. This is a simple gamecube portable after all.

Dang dude, you just keep pumping them out, and they get better and better each time! Nice work once again!

Nice portable, gman!
This one looks a lot like mine, except the 5600mah batts, mine has 5000 mah.

It's features I mean are a lot like what I'm using for CubeFusionPAL.
The colour choice is cool, It looks like a GbaGC!

Also, how is battery life? I mean for how long does one complete charge last for?

Since, it has player port II, you can use Gba features (via the GbA -> GC cable)
Or use a second GC controller (wired) or (wavebird) :).

What's a good button/plastic to use for the L/R triggers?

I mean like on top of the dual tacts for L/R?

The batteries last around 2 hours. I never actually timed it. I used some tact switch with a large button cap for the l/r and then a squishy tact for dual tact method.

No I didnt, but its pretty simple. The case is big enough for a big heatsink and 4 or maybe more battery cells.

I want to buy a portable gamecube. Most people are between projects or aren't prepared to build me something. I will pay. I love gamecube and I'm not cool enough to make anything that's actually significantly smaller than the original gc itself, although I do try. Is this one for sale? Can you make me one?

:tophat: Hey dude, nice work! Also, extremely jealous of the batteries. Any chance you could share a link :D
And any possibility of a worklog? :D

Back