Games you are ashamed to admit you enjoy.

Majora1155 said:
I really like the pokemon games, but people at school gave me crap about it. So I stopped playing for awhile.

If I like something, no matter what it is, I make it awesome. I don't let haters tell me what I should and shouldn't like. Be a leader bro.

Ishmael1010 said:
Why would anyone be ashamed to admit they play a game?
lern2notworrysomuchwhatpeoplethink.

I doubt anyone is legitimately "ashamed." I think its more of a fun thread to talk about "odd games no one else likes" and just talk about odd games in general.

lern2playalong

:p

Any heavily Japanese influenced title. Living in a city full of rednecks and "true americans" isn't easy for someone who likes japanese culture.

Anyone ever hear about North and South on NES? it's this educational NES game based on the cival war, reminds me of an rts, you can control 3 units and wgae war on your opponent or CPU. not many people know about it though, but it's hilariously fun.

Thursty said:
Any heavily Japanese influenced title. Living in a city full of rednecks and "true americans" isn't easy for someone who likes japanese culture.
Guess that makes sense. Oregon has Eugune, nuff said :p

Duke Nukem Forever.

Despite the bad reviews, I bought it, beat the Single Player, and I had to force myself to stop playing the Multiplayer.

Minecraft. Not that it's a terrible or odd game or anything, but I have literally wasted HUNDREDS of hours playing it. I'm almost glad it doesn't record your play time :p

XCVG said:
Command and Conquer Generals. Me and my friend play that against each other or co-op against bots. It's regarded as the worst C&C game ever, but I find it pretty fun.

C&C4 stole that crown, Generals + ZH is a great game.

Also, I love Tomba. (or Tombi)

Tchay said:
oh and I am pretty ashamed to admit that I love Jumping Flash 1 & 2 for the playstation. If you have heard of those games then, high five.
High five. Also, I used to get alot of flak in school for loving Mortal Kombat as a kid, go figure. Also, Ioved the old Bomberman 3D games, like 64, Hero, and Jetters.

I have recently been reminded of how much I like Dreamfall: TLG. Bought it on steam for nostalgia, and had a lovely time. I certainly like it more than the reviewers. Oh, and the original sucks. I dont care what the reviews say. The moment a P&CA game starts expecting its player to be totally omnipotent, it has failed.

Im not ashamed to admit I like any games though. Im comfortable with what I like, and people who dont like it arent my problem.

Majora1155 said:
I really like the pokemon games, but people at school gave me crap about it. So I stopped playing for awhile.
And it's my friends that got me started on Pokemon again. I skipped out on D/P/P, but bought Heart Gold and Black because so many of my friends were getting them.

J.D said:
I have literally wasted HUNDREDS of hours playing it. I'm almost glad it doesn't record your play time :p

By the time my wife and I quit playing this game:

pol2005-10-2906-26-31-25.jpg

we had both logged over 500 DAYS worth of playtime. :/

Back