GameCube SP Rev 2

Blargaman91

This is Rev 2 of my original GameCube SP:
2ewij3s.jpg

Changes made are:
-This one is matte black, not painted
-Altered button arrangement
-Digital volume control, not analog
-Doubled battery capacity (5200 mAh - now lasts 2 hours and 50 minutes)

This portable is a commission. I'm expecting more along the way.

Great job! where did you put the fan? just curious to see if you found a better way. It kinda reminds me of another portable... :lol:

I used that thinkpad heatsink with the fan built in. So it's shifted to the right. I didn't want to have to place buttons that way, but the placement on Rev 1 didn't work well because the B button was too far down. You couldn't hold B and A at the same time like some games may require.

Diminuendo said:
The Envision is one of my favorite portables, I just like the X button where it's suppost to be

Well, for my portable (and possibly blarg's too), you don't have a lot of options. If you want to preserve the A-B position to one another, and you are limited on space, you won't have much room to the right of the A button (where X is supposed to be). So you could just rotate X-Y 90° CCW, but then you'd have X right where Y is supposed to be, and that would get confusing. So I chose to keep A,B, and Y in the same relative positions and then just have X switch sides.

I don't know if I ever bothered explaining that layout, so I figured now would be a good time :p

Oh and really nice job Blargaman91! Nice and tiny!

Back