Gamecube Sound Issue / LCD Issue

rebreok

So I just finished wiring my first prototype, and the sound is messed up. When the sartup sound plays, every time it gets a little too loud the sound gets all staticky, like when you blow into a microphone. I'm going to try this with a different sound amp, but if someone already knows about this issue, do tell.

Also, I ordered a control board for an LCD screen that came out of 13" 2009 Macbook (I dont have the LCD model number handy) and upon trying to use it, the connector got really, really hot. Honestly I dont know what I could've done wrong, maybe it was in upside down and shorted, but again if this sound familiar, I appreciate the input.

Lastly I know this whole post is very vauge, I'm coming back within a couple hours to post the details on the equipment I'm using.

Thanks in advance.
-K

For your audio issue, I would first try wiring up some headphones directly to the audio output of your GC. This way you could determine if it's an issue with your amp or not.

As for the issue with your connector, the only time I ever have issues with wires (especially connectors) overheating, is when I'm trying to draw too much amperage from a wire/connector and it's too small to handle it. Perhaps your controller board was not meant to handle such power draw from the LCD you're using?

Audio static, even extreme static, can come from interference, which is usually interference coming from your regulator(s). You would just need to move the amp and its audio lines farther from the regulator to minimize static (if that's what's causing it).

As Zack said, that kind of overheating is something I only know to come from too much amp draw. Excessive amp draw can come from shorting something out, too...

Thanks guys. As it turns out, that overheating connector really was just in upside down, and was shorting out on the wrong side of the plug. As for the audio, I wired up the second speaker, and the problem seemed to go away, so I'm not too worried. I'll keep that audio static/regulator thing in mind though.

Back