Weird issue with Gamecube

Hello everyone, I'm having an issue with this Gamecube, I'm thinking something fried, but would rather have a second opinion on the matter.
http://imgur.com/a/9pNNr
(couldn't help the glare, ask for pics of specific areas if needed)

Story, wired up Megav6, and everything worked fine, loaded a game and it worked.
However, the second time I loaded up swiss, I pressed b twice, which froze(tried loading something?) the system, and I cycled the power to reset, but when given power, nothing happens now, just a black screen.

The weirdest part, I wired up another power regulator, and it worked, on the first boot. After that it had the same issue. (black screen) I removed the megadrive, (thought maybe it could be my wiring, even though it loaded games fine) and with nothing but the video cable/gcmobo/regulator, it still has a black screen.

EDIT: The regulators are outputting correct voltage, 3.43 and 1.9, and the fuses weren't blown, so they're fine.

Are you using a custom regulator? That freezing sounds like an issue with custom regulator voltage being too low or it can't supply enough current.

There may be some area where a hidden layer is barely shorting voltage to ground and it changes depending on how you're handling the board. Sanding would fix that.

Stock regulators, both of 'em, i'll sand the edges again and try in a few, will update when I do.

Edit: Huh... I didn't sand, and just rewired the reg, its working fine now. (Perhaps a cap needed drained?) But I will sand just in case that was the problem, thanks. :)

With something that finicky I can only image that it needs sanding, since that would make it respond to touch. I don't think anything else would do that unless some part of your board and/or regulators is failing.

Back