GameCube Memory Card & SD Gecko Diagrams

Ashen

GameCube Révolutionary
Please note: Duplication in part or in whole of any part of this guide, its contents or visual references is strictly prohibited without the express consent of the author.

These are my diagrams for GC memorycard rewiring and for wiring up an SD Gecko. They go along well with my motherboard trimming guide. Thought they might prove useful to some.

GC Memorycard pinout & notes:
Pin #'s shown coincide with the pin #'s printed on top of the GC motherboard.
1.png

SD Gecko pinout & signal's:
Pin #'s shown are SD card pin #'s. When wiring to GC match up signals only! INT signal is only needed on pin 9 IF you plan to make up a microSD to GC adapter as shown below. If you don't care about this feature, then the INT signal is not needed for SD Gecko operation.
2.png

GameCube motherboard pinouts & signals:
Slot A - TOP of motherboard:
3.png

Slot A - BOTTOM of motherboard - Relocation points also shown:
4.png

Slot B - TOP of motherboard:
5.png

6.png

SD Gecko (micro SD card adapter) to GC memory card slot signal's:
Again the pin #'s shown here are SD Card pin #'s. Match up the signals shown to a GC memcard slot to make up a handy adapter if you have internalized the SD Gecko slot on your portable.
7.png

I don't remember if I mentioned it yet, but when testing the SD slots I have on the XGC, while the memory card worked fine, having the INT line(the optional pin 9 on the SD card slot) wired up screwed with certain programs.

For example, Mplayer worked fine on the SLGC's SD card slot(which is just an SD card slot wired to the GC without the INT line,) while on the XGC(the only difference being the INT line) I couldn't get it to load.

Snipped the INT wire, Mplayer worked just fine every time after that. Other programs were fine, swiss worked, and I think the emulators worked too.

It could've just been the SD card, or Mplayer, but I know the issue was because of that INT line. I figured this was worth mentioning.

SS

what is the difference between sense in and 3.3V pins on the mem card? shouldn't i just connect 3.3V to the 3 of them?

For the love of Palmer, PLEASE stop saving pictures with text in them as .jpgs. Use .png or .gif, so you don't get all those artifacts.

Back