Gamecube HELP with sound

juankamq

hi guys, im trying to make a gamecube portable, but i'm failing at first attempt haha!, when relocate the power regulator at the first time i do it wrong and i turn on the console, now i connect it correct but the sound gets damaged and i don't know what is i, i will appreciate your help.

a little video here, this is how it sounds

You've most likely killed your onboard audio pre amp by connecting the power wrong the first time. Since you've not provided any other useful information I'll just recommend connecting your audio like so:

AlmostWTF-OMGWTFAudioVideoRelocation.jpg

AlmostWTF-OMGWTFAudioVideoRelocation2.jpg

Depending on what board you have the audio amp should look like one of the pictures above. Just connect to the points I've shown. The points shown bypass the preamp and connect directly to the A/V chip.

If it still sounds like crap, you've killed your A/V chip. Time for a new board.

My suggestion is to look before you leap from now on. You won't get much further if you're not well versed as to what your getting into/doing. Read the stickys, project worklogs, etc. Then when you're sure of what your doing read them again anyway. If you're not sure about something, ask first.

ok, i did this, but still no sound. i do it wrong or i need a new mobo? -red line is cable that i bridge
almostwtfomgwtfaudiovid.jpg

You don't need to wire them together. That's where you pull the audio signals from.

i have a question, when i turn on the console without dvd unit it shows an error is that normal? that error shoul de dissapear if i install wiikey fusion right?

new question , my gamecube says DOL-001(USA) i suposse is NTSC , but i dont know what IPL version it has, so i'm asking you if this will be compatible with wiikey fusion? - in the bottom sticker it says C/L-DOL-USA

Back