Gamecube Advance

Mr.Mike

Hey everyone since I just got my GBA carrying case I could finally get working on my gamecube portable! This is what i plan to put into my portable so far:
wiikey fusion with the MegaDrive adapter board (Or the wasp fusion but should work with the adapter board)
2nd player port
internal slot A 216mb mem card
SD Gecko
IBM thinkpad heatsink (May need more than just this for fan and heatsink combo but will have to see)
Was planning on painting it white but I realized ORANGE would look soo cool with a white button color scheme (Matte finish, not glossy)
4.3in screen that looks great!
classic controller analog caps
Not sure about using classic controller dpad or original and paint that white...still deciding
No rumble motor
No batteries, may just make or have someone commission me a battery pack that is external and that i can carry around!

Pictures thus far!
4u3AhrR.jpg

UwUdENd.jpg

IIhOGmm.jpg

Ok i have a question, i have a rev c gamecube and whenever i hook it up to my screen (Which works) the image doesn't display on the screen but the cpu and gpu get hot? I used two different AV cables...what is the problem? Did something fry? It shouldn't since the pins or anything are not touching and there shouldn't be any interference? Any ideas?

I'll re post what I wrote on your other thread
Diminuendo said:
so do you get audio? does the GC disc dive spin up?

what about the screen? does it work more reliably plugged into another device?

you should be looking for things that confirm what is working and what isn't
if you want help you NEED to check this out yourself. We cannot touch your portable, so you have to check these things yourself. The more information you give us the more we can help you.

After I spent my time typing to try to help you, only for you to completely ignore what I had written I find quite disrespectful. Either check these things to help us help you or stop wasting the time of the forum members here.

Sorry about that I just forgot that I posted that thread, didn't mean to offend you or ignore your, I was busy with school at that time and must have forgotten (I do appreciate members such as yourself helping me out and I don't want to hinder that sort of relationship). Regardless, I have been trying to power it on and off without the heatsink on but I don't keep it on without the heatsink too long. Maybe this may be damaging it? Also as far as audio goes this tft monitor doesn't have speakers so I would have to check that out on a normal tv. Also the screen works perfectly when I plug my wii into it and it seems to only work some of the time when i plug in my gamecube motherboard. Furthermore, i removed the ports so i cannot test if the diskdrive spins up or not. I did try to connect my gc up to my tft screen and it did work, i then shut it off, waited a minute or two and turned on my gc again and it didn't display on the screen.

Here is a picture of the cpu and gpu and I dont know if by me turning it on and off without a heatsink it will damage it. In this picture there is a slight tinge of heat overexposure maybe? Such as like a silver and purpleish shine to it. Am i damaging this and thats why it works sometimes?
xRZwent.jpg

Short heat exposure will not damage the chip. Don't go longer than 5 minutes without a heatsink. I'd keep it to around a minute or two for testing. For long term testing put some sort of heatsink or fan over the chips.

More Progress!

7wPizSn.jpg
Franken-cased all the new case shells in!

S8FyvQO.jpg
Epoxy work, just hoping that I didn't put the buttons in too close in proximity to the screen (Should fit though)

Next thing to do:
Fill in the gaps with Glaze
Sand
Mobo trimming
Speaker holes
L/R Button holes put in
Order squishy tacts and hard tact switches
Start controller wiring
Add holes for headphone jack, power jack, power button, sd card slots

Well thats enough to start working on for now! Hopefully further updates within 2-4 Weeks!!

Hey everyone I ran into a little bit of a problem when I put in the epoxy.
I used a heat gun to try and combine both the epoxy and the case shells but with the joystick I accidentally held it there for too long and the plastic melted and now the entire thing is not level and if I were to mount a joystick there the joystick gets stuck and it doesn't feel as fluid as it would if everything was nice and level. (Also in the event of trying to fix this I used a sanding disk for my dremel which I think made it worse by making the entire thing unleveled in correspondence to each other.

Here is to get a better idea of what the joystick looks like on the even surface vs the uneven surface.
BHEXQlh.jpg

n7z9Dz7.jpg

aue5DNc.jpg

As much as I would love to tear apart a perfectly good controller (Sarcasm) is there anything else I can do to fix this? (Main goal: get the feel back of what a joystick would be like if in a controller)
p.s. i tried to bring everything to the light so thats why all that random stuff is in the background.

Added: Would it be better if I just replaced it with an original joystick shell? I feel like there is an easier solution to this that I am just not thinking of. Please Help!

Back