Gameboy SP Shells

Teepo

Hello. This is my first post around these parts, but from what I've seen it seems fairly active and all around helpful/friendly.

So, recently I've bought two Gameboy SP's for pretty cheap (one red, one blue). They're in fantastic condition save for the red's ones outer shell, which is moderately scratched.

The blue SP perplexed me when I bought it though. It has the brightness of an AGS-101(the backlit models) and the Nintendo logo on top misplaced. The buttons are also a little harder to press.
Here's the image comparison of my regular blue SP versus the newer one.
Image Link

What I want to do is, replace the outer shell of both the red and blue one with more extravagant colors.
I'm searching for Purple , Orange , Green , and/or Gold.

The only site I've found is this one.
Link
Which carries green, purple, bronze and white. While the colors are good I feel the prices are a little steep and am not sure of the quality.

If anyone can help me or provide suggestions on what to do, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'd just go with the link you gave, I mean 8$ + shipping is still pretty cheap. I mean it's less then a pizza.

I guess it's not bad. But I'm basically paying the same price I bought the SP's for, it feels a bit weird.
I also wanted to mix and match the tops. Have one that's green on top and brownish at the bottom.

Any more ideas?

Hmm....no. I don't think painting is a good idea. Overall, I'll be paying more for paints and stuff, and the risk to mess up is higher.

I'd like to purchase the ones from the link I posted. But I'm afraid the site may rob me. Anyone have any experience with Aliexpress?

Aliexpress isn't a seller it's a marketplace kind of like amazon but for china and has ratings for the sellers.
It's designed to protect its buyers, and it's where some modders here buy their LCD's, more specifically, the 5" dalian good screen.

I've bought from Aliexpress/Alibaba before with no problems. It all depends on the seller, but the overall site isn't a scam.

Alright guys, I found a seller on eBay who seems to be selling the same shells for much cheaper.
I'm buying two from him. I'll revive this thread later if you guys don't mind.

I'd like to give a review on the quality/resistance etc.
Thank you for the help.

If you'd like, feel free to continue posting here. I find Gameboy SPs and Micros fascinating as Heck.

My shells have arrived. Everything is included, and I am happy.
However, while trying to remove the screws in the back, I noticed one of them is very VERY messed up.
It's supposed to be a tri-wing screw, but it's beyond jacked.
Image Link

What should I do in this situation? I've tried the rubber band method and that didn't seem to work.

Teepo said:
My shells have arrived. Everything is included, and I am happy.
However, while trying to remove the screws in the back, I noticed one of them is very VERY messed up.
It's supposed to be a tri-wing screw, but it's beyond jacked.
Image Link

What should I do in this situation? I've tried the rubber band method and that didn't seem to work.
You could either take a drill and drill off the screws head or take something hot like a soldering iron and put against the screw so the plastic around the screwthreads melt.

Back