Gameboy Cartridge/snes batteries?

bentomo

Frequent Poster
Anyone have a reputable source for buying gameboy cartridge batteries, specifically CR2032?

And they have to have a battery clip already attached to them, I'd prefer not to have to use electrical tape to force the prongs to stay in contact with the button cell.

I think you're flax out o' luck on this one. I've never heard of any site just selling gameboy batteries. Walmart, Radioshack, Fry's, Best Buy (maybe).

bentomo said:
Anyone have a reputable source for buying gameboy cartridge batteries, specifically CR2032?
Uh, anywhere?
eBay, Radioshack, Wal-Mart, Walgreens, any place that sells anything and "oh by the way we have some batteries".
They're SUPER common.

bentomo said:
And they have to have a battery clip already attached to them, I'd prefer not to have to use electrical tape to force the prongs to stay in contact with the button cell.
Oh.
Well you're SOL.

Pretty much what Jlee said, they are everywhere, and you can find them cheap as Heck. As for with the clips on, you might be able to find them on ebay or something, but tbh its not that big of a deal. Normally, I'm against using electrical tape for save battery replacements and suggest buying a pack of battery holders along with the batteries. However, when it comes to Gameboy carts, tape is the way to go, just because the pressure should keep the battery in place much easier than say with a SNES cart and most battery holders won't fit in GB carts.

Tape I don't like, too unprofessional, scares me to think of opening the thing again.

You can buy battery holders, like Zero said, on Digi-Key or Mouser.
Get SMD ones made to hold CR2032s.
You can solder those in place, and BAM, easy as *Can'tSayThisOnTV* to change the battery from now on.
Pretty Dang nice.

Back