Gamebit Security Tool (3.5mm or 4.8mm)

melting the tip of a bic pen after taking the ink out and jamming into the screw hole. let it dry and twist.
you may have to go through a few pens before you get it right.

I made one with a piece of an hexagonal metal:

Copiar2deDSC01076.jpg

joey- The pens didn't work.

brunoip- That's awesome. I would try that but I don't think I have any tools that would do it.

There's a technique to getting the pen trick to work. You have to shove it in while it's still really hot and leave it in until it cools. Keep trying and you'll get a feel for it.

Best Place to find a real one, eBay.
Cheap as Heck, and, well, that's about it.

DIY Techniques?

The Pen Trick WORKS.
You need a HARD-PLASTIC pen, like a CLEAR Bic Pen.
NOT one of the soft white/black/whatever ones.
You remove the ink, the metal tip, etc, so you're only left with the hard plastic barrel.
Grab a lighter, heat up the tip. Won't take long, just get it nice and soft, it may start sagging a bit.
While it's still good 'n' hot, JAM IT IN, stick it right into the screwhole, down onto the screw, give it a firm push, and WAIT.
It only takes a few seconds. Count to 10 or something.
NOW twist, while pushing down, if you didn't *Can'tSayThisOnTV* up, the screw will come out with relative ease, may as well be using a screwdriver.
If you did things right, and DIDN'T LIGHT THE Dang PEN ON FIRE (Some people say to, ignore these people), then your pen is still useable too!
You can easily get out more screws, Heck, you should be able to get at LEAST a half-dozen before it's too worn out.
Then? Just heat it up again, repeat.

PRO-TIP!
Yes, with relative ease, you can make your own tool for this purpose, all metal, high quality, last you a life-time, etc.
You need a tool to start with, and I've seen a lot of people use Flathead screwdrivers.
It's what I used, works fine.
Brunoip made one from a hexagonal piece of metal, as seen above. Dang impressive if you ask me, and an awesome idea.
No matter what, the technique is similar, and relatively easy.
Grab yourself a good file and get going!
With a flathead screwdriver, you'll be filing out the center of the tip, so you're left with two prongs that fit over the head of your screw.
Works like a charm.
As for the more advanced (and more than likely far superior) method, using a hexagonal piece of metal like brunoip...
Well, it's pretty much the same, look at his picture, it'll tell you really everything you need to know!

The pen trick is a temporary and flimsy solution. Just invest in an actual good quality Gamebit, its well worth it (or make one).

I'll give it another shot then. I have to replace my pokemon gold battery anyway. I also want to figure out how to make one like that. The metal thing there.

Well, I got the pen trick to work. I decided I would replace all the special screws with phillips screws when I'm done. I'll try to make my own when I get my file set from harbor freight(five of them, diamond tipped, $4-5) Thank you.

Don't get the really cheap ones off of ebay, they break and strip easily, and never really have good grip to begin with. (It pays to get the stuff that isn't 4 bucks for a 3.5mm and a 4.8mm together)

WELL NOW I *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ING WANT TO *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ING BUY SOME MOTHER*Can'tSayThisOnTV*ING FAN-*Can'tSayThisOnTV*ING-TASTIC UGG BOOTS, GOD *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ING Dang IT!

(please leave that post above or my post'll look 'tarted.)

Spambot taken care of. Please don't reply to spambot posts. Instead, click the Report button on the post:

iconpostreport.gif

And we will take care of it.

While it wasn't a spambot thread, please see this thread and bear in mind what it tells you.

Back