Frankencases worth getting for portablizing!

neverused said:
Unfortunately I'm too much of a perfectionist for that. If I make a PS2p, it'll need a lid/cover at the very least.

Do what Bac did and use magnets!

The Trendnet 632BRP router is nothing more than a rebadged D-Link DIR-615. Except there is a giant recessed "TRENDNET" logo at the top. And frequent overheating unless mounted on a wall.

I also have a Netcore 605GR router. Such a horrible excuse for a router. Poor range, poor ping, clock that's inaccurate and cannot be set and low speed. It's about the size of a PSP.

Edit:eurddrue PM'd me about this post. Wasn't this thread using good cases for making portables?

Aguiluz said:
The Trendnet 632BRP router is nothing more than a rebadged D-Link DIR-615. Except there is a giant recessed "TRENDNET" logo at the top. And frequent overheating unless mounted on a wall.

I also have a Netcore 605GR router. Such a horrible excuse for a router. Poor range, poor ping, clock that's inaccurate and cannot be set and low speed. It's about the size of a PSP.

Edit:eurddrue PM'd me about this post. Wasn't this thread using good cases for making portables?

Yes. And why was he questioning the relativity of your post to the original topic, anyway? That's mod stuff. :p

Basement_Modder said:
Aguiluz said:

Yes. And why was he questioning the relativity of your post to the original topic, anyway? That's mod stuff. :p
I just asked what it had to do with the thread, because I didn't remember the thread. I thought that the thread was about methods :ashamed:

what about the lynx
lynxr.jpg

back onto frankencases
for my earlier more ghetto attempts at portables I tried using a vhs case for a ps1p and then a dvd case and genesis game cart case for a n64p

vhs case for psonep - would work ok for the scph 900x

dvd case for n64p - have to be external screen and external cart slot, not a chance of batteries epicly tight fit, have to relocat jumper pak

genesis game cart case for n64p - original analog stick would have to be off the side, very tight fit, i did manage to fit 6 AA's in the case though, external cart slot, external jumper pak* or relocated

*ties in with external cart slot cover shape

I don't know if I'd personally recommend the DVD case route. I made a "GBA with bigger screen" thing out of one, as a quick project. Ended up dismantling it soon after. The plastic is just too flimsy. In a bag with books, it was getting crushed and screwed up constantly. I do see the advantage of it though, being thin material, easy to manipulate. I mean, I used scissors! So, yeah. Simple, quick, fun to make (just like a cardboard one, which I've done too), and yet pretty fragile.

I suppose theoretically you could reinforce the interior with some strategically placed stronger material. But if you're going to do that, you might as well use something else entirely.

bacteria said:
I believe it is the same stuff, yes.
If that is the case, then you could have sanded the surface a bit, hit it with a few coats of krylon, and your old "crinkle-case" portables would have been beautiful!

Thinking about hacking up a leapster case. Any big reason why I shouldn't, seeing as nobody I've seen has done it.

Back