Forum Suggestion Box

ProgMetalMan said:
ttsgeb said:
ProgMetalMan said:
Can we all take a moment to appreciate that this is Prog's 1500th post?
I'm really confused that the actual post count is at 877 though. Where did they all go?
Among the posts I can't find was the troll I was fighting when I hit a thousand. He burned me good and I thought it would be relevant.
Found it.
Quite relevant.
n0PfB.jpg

Could the page titles be changed so the thread title is first? As it is now all links prefix with the official modretro forums - view topic - thread title. It would be easier to navigate tabs and bookmarks if the title is easier seen.

Not sure if this is how you guys plan on keeping it but could the more relevant consoles in terms of modding get their sub forums on the front page similar to how it was previously? Like GC,Wii, PS2, and 64? I feel like hiding them with all of the less relevant subs like DreamCast and Xbox one. I'm kind of sad they're so low now too :(

EDIT: tl;dr

It looks like console mods are an after thought to the forum but I'm not trying to jump the gun and assume this is the final layout

Fluxedo said:
Not sure if this is how you guys plan on keeping it but could the more relevant consoles in terms of modding get their sub forums on the front page similar to how it was previously? Like GC,Wii, PS2, and 64? I feel like hiding them with all of the less relevant subs like DreamCast and Xbox one. I'm kind of sad they're so low now too :(

EDIT: tl;dr

It looks like console mods are an after thought to the forum but I'm not trying to jump the gun and assume this is the final layout
This is what was decided upon by a decently-sized part of the staff. It'll stay like this for now until I get a chance to talk to some of the staff members and we'll go from there.

Tapatalk, last time I looked into it, had some huge security flaws. I'd rather get a theme with mobile support.

As a console modder, I feel like pushing all consoles to a single subsection at the bottom of the page is giving us the shaft.

In all seriousness, the new layout isn't really ideal, but I don't know of a better layout.

The only other option I could see would be to slap all of the console subforms together, and have one hefty forum rather than 10's of little anemic ones.

We're discussing it as we speak.
If anyone cares, this was my proposal (click for hi res):

And my proposed compromise:
8fwkPu2h.png

Honestly, we need to get a style with collapse-able categories. Some people are here only for console development, others are here for some basic electronics. Then there are people, like me, that don't even look ate the categories, they just click "View unread posts"

The_Next_Guy said:
Honestly, we need to get a style with collapse-able categories. Some people are here only for console development, others are here for some basic electronics. Then there are people, like me, that don't even look ate the categories, they just click "View unread posts"

My issue with this is that I'd worry that the collapsed by default forms are going to be largely ignored. Perfect example is the XDA-developers forum.

Updating the themes will never happen as long as we are on phpBB 3.0. I'll spare you with the technical details, but everyone who is developing anything for phpBB (which is a small enough group as it is) is developing on 3.1.

Back