Flashback2 Portable: The Patari!

Woops lol. Yeah, im using mono. one speaker, probably with holes on the back.

Instead of rechargeables, i plan to use 4 AA, or AAAs, they have more mAh that NiMH or NiCd, but no proctection PCB of Li-ion or Li-Po. This is my first project so I'm going simple with it. (Maybe going to use rechargeable nimh AA, AAA) so, boo me on for that.

Im buying pc board today so I can mount my audio amp, I didnt like it just be soldering all up in a bunch.

Question: On the DC input on the mobo, theres three pins, I assume Positive and Negative. And then ground, no If i connect my battery terminals, positive to positive, negative to negative, what do i connect to ground?

There is only positive and negative (ground) in DC. Two pins are connected to either positive or negative. Can you take a good, clear picture of the area?

I've taken the pictures, I tried to get them the best I could with my 5mp. (12.3 mp is at another house)

Urgh, Im stuck on the D-Pad part, my DPad is smaller than the contacts on the joystick controller, and ideas?
Also making a shack run to get perfboard for my speaker.

Now, on to the 3 pin dilemma.

The pin circled in yellow is the one that I dont know where its coming from. The other two pins I can clearly see coming from the DC Input. The third pin seems to be coming from under the DC Input, where i cannot see. Hmm.

pict0032i.jpg

Thanks for all your help guys.

You can use perfboard and tact switches to make a new set of contacts for the controller, and wire them to the contacts on the joystick.

As for the 3-pin thing, all three contacts are part of the DC jack. The one in the yellow circle is connected to the same place that the one slightly off to the side is connected. You only NEED one of those connections, the other can be just left alone. Do you have the wall adapter for the flashback? What does it say on the label?

(+)---->-(-) or (-)---->-(+)

If I know that, I can tell you which one will be your positive, and which one your negative.

Okay. The contact in the back, just the single one, is your positive. The other two are your negative. You can connect everything to the one hole, or connect the battery negative to one hole, and the ground from another component to the other hole. Remember that in DC voltage, ground and negative are the exact same thing.

I guess I do :dahroll:

pict0033zq.jpg

How can I cut off the one topleft corner but still keep it connected? Im confused on how PCB traces work :(

Click on the thumbnail to make this larger.

I've followed the traces to show you where they go. Think of a trace like a wire. All it does is connect two or more points together, without taking up the space of a wire.

Here's some good news for you. You can ditch this controller board entirely, and make your own, using tact switches, perfboard, and wire. I can help you, and make pictures to show you how to connect it all, if you'd like.

Basement_Modder said:
Look at Tib, all helpful. :p

I know, right? Must be snowing in Heck or something. lol

Here's the picture. Each button needs to go to ground. The other wire goes right to the controller port. If you desolder that and remove it, you'll have holes in the board you can wire to. I apologize, I fail at digital "art".
Atari-Flashback2controllerpinout.png

Do you know where else I can get tact switches? My local radioshack only has 12v types.

and also, thank you for the diagram.

Hit a bit of a problem here.

I tested out the AC Adapter yesterday. System powers up fine. Put 4 AA batteries equaling 6 volts into the positive and negative like you told me Tibia, and it wouldnt power on. The batteries aren't dead as they powered an led brightly.

Back