first portable ps2p

spazmoid

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ9KS_cirs0

This is just the initial testing of the battery. I could not use a battery space battery because I am in the UK abd their shipping is ridiculous, I used a 9v 6900mah portable DVD player battery, a 5" 800*480 LCD reversing monitor. It has an increadably low power draw compared to the ps1 screen as well as a higher ppi while being physically smaller, the screen is 16:9 because one of the main games I want to play is re4 and it looks best in 16:9, Im also using a ps2 slim 77003 simply because it's the only one that I could get for a decent price.
The game I was playing was destroy all humans 2.
My case will arrive in a few days so I can begin working on that soon.

Looking good, I like how you attached the battery and controls to the disc cover. Clever. What sort of battery life are you expecting?

i have to say that i have made some sacrifices and one of them was battery life, i kept the disk drive and used a spch 77000 (or 75000 cant remember) so i'm getting about 1.5 to 2.5 hours, but this is my first portable so completing a working product is my main priority.

Sadly after killing my ps2 I have decided to terminate this project, I will salvage what I can, battery screen etc and I will move on to an easier project, ps1 portable.
Sorry it didn't work out.
But this has been a valuable experience and even though I can't recover my time and a lot of materials I can at least reuse the two most expensive elements.
(for some reason i just have a psone lying around)
on a lighter note the psone's smaller board means that i can use an enclosure from amazon instead of the abomination that this one evolved into.

Back