Fimo

Antome

Forum Blooper
I'm sure some of you guys know what Fimo is, or something like it.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fimo
It's a clay type of sculpting material that when baked (or some can be air dried), becomes a hard plasticy substance. I guess you could compare it to bondo in a way :dah:

I was wondering if It would be fine to use it for casing or in conjunction with other casing materials?

Cheers :D

icarus said:
No. You'd melt the plastic when trying to harden the clay, plus clay will break easily.
It's not clay.
Read my post more carefully next time.

It sculpts in a similar fashion to clay.
But it is NOT clay.

It's polymer clay. I know what I'm talking about. I don't know anything about electronics, but when it comes to sculpting.. I do.

Either way, it still won't work.

icarus said:
It's polymer clay. I know what I'm talking about. I don't know anything about electronics, but when it comes to sculpting.. I do.
And polymer clay isn't actually clay ^_^.

Is there anything that stregnthens it, and could it be epoxy'd to a plastic or something along those lines?

Polymer clay can be actual clay sometimes, it depends. Regardless, it's clay by name. And me saying "clay" is mostly because typing "polymer clay" takes a second longer.

Anyways, you're just better off with an epoxy putty. A lot less trouble.

actually, In my current situation, polymer clay would be easier as I cannot easily get a hold of the other stuff.

I lied in the previous question

Back