EVIL NODS portable SATURN

snowpenguin said:
I could see a Saturn in a ZN-45 SOMEDAY, the only way to find out is to keep making huge ones until they get smaller and smaller.

No. Do not argue, just read what other people have said about it.

No. :awesome:

This portable is awesome! To be honest, I like the textured look more than a lot of the bad bondo jobs out there, it makes the whole thing look nicer overall. Would be great if you got some power info, would be useful to other people thinking of making one/making a saturn laptop.

Though I still don't know what a Saturn is, congrats on making the first portable of it! Also, thanks for the info!

hailrazer said:
The reason no-one has made a Saturn portable is because of the size the portable would be. Nothing to do with there being no documentation on it TW.

"Portable" doesn't have to mean "handheld." For example, I was planning on a Saturn laptop with a bunch of cool extras, like a built-in keyboard, backup cart, and Netlink. It wouldn't be a handheld, but it could still have been the first completed Saturn portable.

Also, I'd say lack of knowledge keeps many of the portabilizers away. I don't think anyone knows just how small a Saturn could be since nobody's checked for hidden traces or anything like that. Another unappealing rumor is that it fries more easily than an N64. Nobody has really checked this kind of stuff out to see if it's true or if it can be overcome. So yeah, I'd say lack of knowledge is a significant factor in it.

Scarcity is another thing that might keep people away, because although they're not rare by any means, you can't just walk into any retro game store and find one like you can with a SNES or Genesis. However, people have made a few Jaguar portables, EVIL NOD being one of them. That shouldn't stop anyone, unless, of course, it's a Hitachi Hi-Saturn Navi or a Samsung Saturn or something. I would personally track down and "punish" anyone that tore one of those apart.

Twilight Wolf said:
Scarcity is another thing that might keep people away, because although they're not rare by any means, you can't just walk into any retro game store and find one like you can with a SNES or Genesis.

with the one by my house i can. they are always loaded with DreamCasts, N64's, PSones, Model 2 Gennys, and Saturns :mrgreen:

@Tw. There's plenty of info on the Saturn's out there. I had one almsost built but the size was to large to be considered anything but a "luggable". Decided I didn't want to produce a suitcase portable.
But hey go right ahead and trim it down and make it as small as the mini N64 portables. All the info you need is out there. :)

well i'm gonna have some money left over from my mexican sweatshop commission, should i buy a saturn to sand down to look for hidden traces?

Joeyjoe9876 said:
Twilight Wolf said:
Scarcity is another thing that might keep people away, because although they're not rare by any means, you can't just walk into any retro game store and find one like you can with a SNES or Genesis.

with the one by my house i can. they are always loaded with DreamCasts, N64's, PSones, Model 2 Gennys, and Saturns :mrgreen:

Lucky, I can't even get Dreamcasts where I live. There's a pawn shop that pretty much always has N64 and XBOX, sometimes SNES, NES, or Genesis, but they charge too much. There's a play and trade coming, though, we'll see if they are good or sucky.

Back