Dreamcast VMU

Hey everyone - I'm new here. I'm a VMU collector and a big fan of console mods and making portables. This lead me to wonder if something new and neat might be done to a VMU, although I realize the space in one is very limited. So, has anyone ever heard of VMU modding before? Anyone have any ideas? I'm curious more than anything to see what could be out there.

Really? Sounds interesting. I know there's some homebrew out there but with my noob level of knowledge I've been unable to figure out a way to connect a VMU to my PC. I'm actually working on a VMU mp3 player using a Chinese knockoff of the current model iPod Nano and a VMU with the inside battery compartment rim lasered off.

It'd be awesome to see what people have come up with and perhaps commission someone for something. I know the space limitation is constricting, but I can't help but imagine a VMU playing Gameboy games (even if it needed a different screen).

You can mod the VMU and put games on it and you can even unlock some more blocks of memory on it with Dream Explorer. I also use Dream Shell to transfer saves through sd card.

Heres the download page for Dreamexplorer http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/outil/pc/?lg=en&menu=on Just burn it to a CD-R, not CD-RW with Alcohol 120% or Disc Juggler at 4x.

EDIT: Oops, I didn't know I necrobumped. These ADD meds I'm on now sometimes mess with my head and I still think this is relevant info though.

I've heard of a backlight mod for the vmu. I think RetroGameTech has a video for it on YouTube, but i'm not positive.

Back