Does Swiss auto boot work on IPL 1.0 GameCubes?

Yes

keep in mind: while swiss autoboot works with no issues on 1.0 IPL, you will need a WKF/WASP which already has swiss on flash to be able to use it. If your WKF/WASP does not already have swiss on flash but instead has original firmware, then its not a simple task to flash swiss with an IPL 1.0 mainboard.

also, in the event you have to use the v1.2 restore iso any time in the future, you will encounter the same issues of having to flash swiss from original firmware on that IPL 1.0 mainboard....

...and more info relevant to any mainboard version:
if you did not bother to add a pin29 switch and need to use the v1.2 restore iso, then you can forget about it because you will not be able to initiate the SD read function without triggering the modchip to read the SD card using the restored / updated v1.2 non-autoboot firmware that is installed onto the chip during the flash recovery process.

Yeah I have 2 game cubes.one for testing and I got another for my portable.I already flashed swiss. The motherboard for my portable has a red colored menu.

if its red (pink), then you do have IPL 1.0
will you have easy access to remove the modchip in case you need to do a restore?
if you will not be able to ever remove the modchip (hardwired) then pray you never have to do a restore of that chip because its not easy to recover it...

ive had an idea for a while on how to do a recovery that i have not tested, but if it works, then it will make life easy for a lot of people...

If you HAVE to, you could even replace the 8-pin chip on the wired Wiikey with one from another Wiikey with the firmware you want. Since those chips contain the firmware.

Right now I have 2 wiikey adapters. One that is currently soldered to the gc mobo and the other has a gc DVD connector on the other end.

Back