Does anyone care if I....

lazer174300

Live in forum 47. I try to know about modding. But time and $ hold me back. It seems that you guys are teh cool though. Oh and I read alot and don't post much. :D

Whatevs. It's basically what I do. I have all the parts for a portable, I just need to learn to solder. :cool:

ßeta said:
Whatevs. It's basically what I do. I have all the parts for a portable, I just need to learn to solder. :cool:
:evil2: I'm still waiting for that to be finished...Waiting...waiting...waiting... And for PalmerTech's to be finished too, but that's a different story ;)

I have da skillz but I don't have any money for parts... or any cheap sources of parts.

SHUTUPSTUPIDFACE. :evil2: :evil2: :evil2:

I can solder with a gun, and I can sweat pipes, which uses solder. I've just never done small stuff.

ßeta said:
SHUTUPSTUPIDFACE. :evil2: :evil2: :evil2:

I can solder with a gun, and I can sweat pipes, which uses solder. I've just never done small stuff.
yeah, what kind of mod can't solder :rofl: It's ok, some day he'll finish his epic portable. Someday...someday...someday...

I have the money.. I just have no skillz. I've gained somewhat of an idea of what I'm doing, but its not like I can be like ShockSlayer and start pumping out portables. :p

I have skills. And I have money.

But I don't have luck.

Too many things break in the mail or somehow fry when lying on my desk.

Do you live in a dry climate? That is a big factor with ESD, so a humidifier may help.

I live near the ocean, so not an issue for me. :dah:

Actually, it has been ver humid lately.

Plus, I think I just solved one of my mysteries as to why things fry without me doing anything wrong.

A while back there was a HUGE lightning storm. At my dad's gas station, the lightning was so bad that several of the gas pump computers were fried because of static electricity. No lightning even struck the pumps, yet they were fried. So I think that when it stormed like crazy, some of my stuff which was in my poll barn ( poorly insulated poll barn) got fried from the static in the air like my dad's pumps.

I had to not carry on studying electronics because I can't solder, my hand isn't steady enough to solder to any fine tips.

So i'm not that bothered tbh :p

My hand sometimes isn't too steady. Usually it's because I'm tired or had too much caffeine. :rofl: In all seriousness, try resting your elbow on the table, maybe it helps.

Also, for those who have trouble soldering, take my advice and get a good iron. Not a $15 'good' iron, get a decent Weller or Hakko (about the only two brands I can think of). I paid $50CAD for my WP25 and I'm lovin' it. Only problem is that the stock tip is huge- I have a really fine cone tip now.

Back