Design a MGB contest!*

Jewjo

It's almost Winter again and it seems that that's when I do the majority of my projects. In the pipeline, I have my 2600p (which is at home, so I won't really be working on it), my NESCade (that will finally start whenever I find a suitable monitor) and many miscellaneous gameboy mods. This thread, based on the title and it being posted in the Handhelds board, is obviously for the latter.

Basically, I want you, the citizens of MR to design my future MGB. Criteria to keep in mind when making suggestions:

1. I can do some basic painting, but I don't really want to spend money on paint. However, for stock colors, I have many choices: Red, Purple, Green, Yellow, Light Blueish, Silver, Black, Clear, and/or Neon Clear Green. I can also mix and match the shells I guess if your ideas call for it.

2. I plan to bivert and backlight the screen using a Nonfinite backlighting kit V2.0. Colors include blue, cyan, green, orange, pink, red, white, yellow.

3. Feel free to suggest any extra features you might have in mind like prosound, over clock/under clock, internal battery, stereo speakers (possible?), whatever.

I was personally feeling yellow shell with yellow light or clear green shell with green light. My roommate suggested orange light on a black shell something like this terrible mockup made by me. (It looks happier than it should :p)

*Contest is kind of a misnomer as it implies prizes. Make no mistake, there are no prizes. :p

Prosound, Biversion definitely.

Backlight color, White. I find any other colors can be hard on the eyes over time.

I dont think stereo speakers are possible, but what you can do is dual mono speakers, just split the audio and make the two new connections go to two speakers.

Internal rechargeable battery too.

Its your choice for colors, I have no input there.

desmin88 said:
Prosound, Biversion definitely.
Oh yeah, after I saw how great biversion is, it became a must. And I'll probably just do the Prosound just for kicks.
I dont think stereo speakers are possible, but what you can do is dual mono speakers, just split the audio and make the two new connections go to two speakers.
Do you know anything about doing that? I actually don't and was hoping to learn from this thread. :p
Internal rechargeable battery too.
Sounds good; I was thinking of using an SP battery.
Its your choice for colors, I have no input there.
That was pretty much the thing I wanted the most input on. :p
3MZ said:
Where do you want us to submit it?
Right here in this very thread. :)

Red and green case halves. Red or green backlight. At least biversion, probably prosound, internal battery and over/underclock too.

Clear case with multicolor LEDs inside. Any color backlight will be fine. Same mods.

Neon clear green case, red backlight, same mods.

All are Christmas themed, if you didn't get that.

@Jewjo

To do dual mono speakers, take your positive line going to the speaker in the gameboy, and solder a wire to it.

Take that wire, and run it to another speakers positive terminal, then the negative terminal on that speaker to the negative line of the original speaker in the dmg.

Here is my awesome mspaint representation. Red is positive, blue negative.

29254081.png

Use a clear case, Paint the INSIDE of the clear case with blue Krylon X-metals to make it transparent blue, then use Red buttons/D pad. IT WOULD LOOK SO NICE.

YES, YOU CAN DO STEREO SPEAKERS.

Headphone output IS IN STEREO.

*Can'tSayThisOnTV* "Dual-Mono" bullflax.
Pull audio straight off the Pot where the headphone lines run off of.
Glorious stereo sound.
And, if you're good about it, the DMG has enough power to drive some reasonably sized speakers. Just saying.

ive seen some transparent red dmg buttons on nonfinite, you should try led backing those (i was gonna do this... well sometime after christmas... but well you know...), underclock/overclock switch would be ausome as well.

Back