Custom Painted DMG

Ishwhale

Finished and up on ebay here. I'm happy with the way it looks.
2ag8bj8.jpg

QuickSkop3 said:
Nice, looks cool, how do the DMG or GBs work?

I believe you take a game cartridge and put it in the slot. Then you flip the power switch. Not positive though. Don't hold me accountable.

Yeah man, it's not like 100% fo'sho but I think you can put either a gray or black Game Boy cartridge in the Game Boy cart slot. Proceed to flip on the power switch. MAKE SURE THERE ARE BATTERIES, THIS IS CRITICAL. If you're VERY LUCKY it'll turn on. Congratulations, you figured out how to work a DMG Game Boy.

Most likely, QS, he's just saying that because he doesn't want to deal with returns. I guarantee everything I sell, but sales are always final with me as well.

Oh QS, this wasn't one of the 9 i bought. I bought this one from a local goodwill before I got the 9. It was originally for my secret gameboy that i'm making but needed some cash and already had 9 on the way. So i decided to turn it for profit.

And thank you to the people who complimented it. :D

Looks awesome.

Word of advice-people REALLY don't like reserve prices. Many ebay sellers put a buy it now/auction with a $200 BIN price and a $200 reserve, and lots of people believe this to be true in every case, so I bet a lot of people will be put off by that reserve there.

Pretty nice though, wish I had the money or I'd buy it.... for $50 :p

@T_W: Thank you muches!
@Snow: I did not know that. I've never even put a reserve on an auction before. I didn't even know what it was. It was a suggestion from Nobble and BenFTW.

Its a good suggestion, Reserves allow you to make up an Excuse if you decide to back out :p

Also, Snow, People arnt put off by reserves, most people only look at pix, price, bam, sold.

OMG A RESERVE, Plinking RUN! ------------------------>

Actually it's pretty common.

I've done a lot of selling on ebay and generally auctions with reserves- especially those witha set price as well- do worse than nonreserve auctions.

well, you also have a charce of getting short changed, as you sell the thing for about 50$ when you want at least 150$

I hate reserves. If you want at least $150, start the bidding at $150. Don't trick people into thinking they can get it for less.

on the topic of the DMG itself, it really is an intriguing look. Almost mesmerizing.

Very early '90s paint job thar, looks good and is era-specific. Nice.

Adding to the handhelds megasticky.

Back