Custom MGB

MGB

So I just found out today that I've been laid off at work, and I figured I'd splurge one last time on something for me before I find another job...

On eBay, I found a clear Game Boy Pocket, that was missing the screen lens. Also on eBay, I found some new-old stock of the chrome trim LCD lenses... ordered one.

I still have my stock clear MGB that I got as a Christmas gift in 1996 (still my favorite Christmas gift ever, and I'm 20 now), that the only "Mod" I've done (and ever will do, unless I can get someone to backlight it professionally for me) was replcaing the LCD lens.

Once those two things arrive, what mods should I do? I don't really care about pro audio and overclocking mods... I'm really wanting to backlight this thing and put some LED's in it...

If you want to backlight and install LED's in it, then I recommend you backlight it and install some LED's in it.

sounds like you will be playing games on it as opposed to chiptune?

you could do a backlight mod, rotate the polarizing filter so that it inverts the screen, then ALSO install a biversion chip to invert the screen again bringing it back to normal, but having better contrast and looking cool!

see: http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/2009/11/23 ... d-palette/
and other writings by others, members of this board in fact

In addition to the backlight and biversion, I personally love painting the insides of the clear ones. Looks really cool with basically any color, PLUS you won't ever wear out the paint with your hands! You could do that and still LED mod some transparent buttons from Kitsch-Bent! Come up with a mega rad color scheme, and that thing will look great. Good luck! Can't wait to see what you decide to do.

Back