Composite Issues

midgetman104

So I got my wiikey back from megalomanic and I sat down to wire it up, flipped the switch on my gc to make sure it was working..and it wasn't. I know it's not fried because the chips still get hot, so I figured the issue must be my composite wiring, re-wired to pin 9 and still nothin, then I tried the alternate via in Ashen's guide, and still nothin. I thought It might be the screen but it works perfectly on my wii. I'm pretty sure it's not because of sloppy wiring

Anyways, anyone have any ideas/alternate soldering points? :lol:

There is a little resistor by the video chip you've cut off. You must replace it, look in my guide.

I'm on the same issue on a OMGWTF board cut. I've read you posting that without this little resistor, you can get a crap video, but NO video is normal?

Also, there's a tolerance on the 2.4k resister? Or can I replace it by some other with less resistance?

On ntsc boards you will get no video without that resistor, on pal boards it varies from crap video to no video also. I've used 2.2-2.5k resistors before with no trouble.

Nope no audio either, I don't understand how I have a short though, all I have connected is composite, audio, and controller data and there is no visible wire touching. Edges of the board are also sanded

Okay so I checked all of the voltages, they're fine. Do you think it may have to do with the removed filtering capacitor?

Glad you got it working pervert. :)

Midgetman, I need to see more of your board. What you've cut, etc.

Back